Thursday, January 3, 2008

Cheers to 4 Years!

Yesterday Ken & I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary. From start to finish, it was an awesome day. Ken planned everything out ahead of time, made arrangements with both sets of our gracious & wonderful parents to watch the kids at different times to enable him to carry out his plan. Everything was a total surprise to me. Ok, so I really think I am married to the most amazing man ever!! It doesn't take a special occasion for him to dote on me or be incredibly thoughtful... he is that way every day - truly. He is totally a man of character - godly character - and is an incredible husband and father! Man oh man, I have been blessed. Big time. Alrighty, so here's the anniversary in a nutshell: I wake up to the smell of fresh cinnamon rolls baking in the oven (yes, he got up early & stayed up late getting all the groceries to pull off a beautiful breakfast!). I come downstairs and the house is immaculate (just how long did he stay up the night before to pull that off?!!), when I come into the kitchen, Ken is busy as can be making gourmet omelets, manning the latte machine, and frosting the cinnamon rolls. Who says men can't multi-task? ;) He had the table set with all the fancy settings, mimosas poured, and breakfast ready. AAAAahhhhhmazing. That in itself was already over the top impressive! And, to top it off, he did it all with a migraine. We prayed over his migraine and I think God really answered our prayers quickly working a miracle healing, as he was relatively back on his feet and ready to carry out the rest of his plans for the day within an hour or two. (Which is relatively unheard of considering most of his migraines take him out for a good 8 hours or more and have taken us to the ER a number of times from all the nausea and dehydration.) Next up, he asks if I can be ready to go in an hour. We drop the kids off at my Mom's, he's allowed time for nursing Maggie, and we take off to go see Atonement, a movie I've been wanting to see but didn't expect we'd see in the theater! With two little kids, it is RARE for us to get out much, let alone go see a movie in the theater since we still have a nursing daughter. (Ken had calculated it all perfectly.) The whole way there, we had such a sweet conversation about "our story." We spent much of the day recapping the last four years and the highlights, totally enjoying the trip down memory lane. As for the movie,Atonement was very well done and we both really enjoyed it. I wouldn't recommend it to everyone, as it does have a darker storyline. But as Ken says: what makes it such an interesting story aside from the outstanding acting & intriguing way the story is told, is the idea of reconciliation and the importance of "doing the right thing" falling into a delicate window of opportunity, so to speak. I don't want to give much away in case any of you are inclined to see it, and this blog post isn't meant to be a movie review, but more or less my chance to share the excitement about a totally fun & romantic day my hubby planned!! :) After the movie, we jetted back to pick up the kids from Grandma Lee's house - fed the kiddos, and came home to meet Nana & Grandpa Boggs at our house. Ken had arranged to have them come to our place after they got off work to watch the kids while he took me out to my favorite restaurant for a romantic dinner. Dinner was outta this world and was a total treat to not have to race to finish a meal before one of the kids needed help with something, or the phone rang, or any number of everyday interruptions we have become accustomed to, needed our attention. I love the idea of being a student of your spouse -- that through the years, we continue to learn more about one another and fall in love over n' over and over again! Of course I'm not going to give a play-by-play for the entire day... hahah.... but it ended just as well as it started, watching our wedding video and re-living the day God brought us together for life four years ago. What a dream come true this marriage has been. I don't even know if Ken will read this post, but I'd want him to know that I'd shout it from the rooftops and tell the world what a wonderful husband you are and how much I love you!! Thanks for making our anniversary so special for us.

2 comments:

Anastasia said...

That was very romantic and sweet. I am happy for you two and your two kids, they have awesome parents that will keep it strong for 60 years and more.
Anastasia

Sarah W said...

what a wonderful anniversary! so romantic :) i should have grant read this - our 5 year anniversary is a couple weeks away... it will give him some really good ideas! also - the picture of jack at the top is so cute. he is such a handsome boy.