My Dad, (aka "Papa Jon" to Jack & Maggie), was trying to teach Jack how to blow out a candle.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Pre-Valentine Dinner Celebration
My parents invited us over for dinner tonight, even though Ken had to work, to celebrate Valentine's day early with their grandkiddies. ;) As always, my Mom had the table set for the holiday theme with coordinating everything. Growing up, she'd always make holidays special by making a meal and decorating the table in sync with the given day. (St. Paddy's day would be green, 4th of July would have flags n' red/white/blue, Easter would be all pastels with bunnies and plastic eggs, and so on.) True to form, she had the full-on red theme going tonight with red heart-shaped jello, tortilini with red sauce, a "red velvet" heart-shaped cake, red plates, red napkins, and these adorable red bags with big teddy bears inside for Jack & Maggie's valentines. We had a great time & Jack was quick to dole out high fives and blow kisses to his grandparents when we said goodbye at the end of the evening. Thank you Mom & Dad for having us over and making it such a special dinner for the kids & I! (Oh, and Ken loved the cake you made for him, Mom!!)






My Dad, (aka "Papa Jon" to Jack & Maggie), was trying to teach Jack how to blow out a candle.
Daddy sure adores his little gir! :)
My Dad, (aka "Papa Jon" to Jack & Maggie), was trying to teach Jack how to blow out a candle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's so fun! I love your mom's coordinating table decor... very festive!
I really hope Austin works out for you guys! I'll pray that God opens doors for you. We have family in Austin, so if yall lived there, we would definately need to get together on one of our visits down there. I'm sure Bekah would love to have you close too!
I can't get over how sweet Jack's face is. He has the most angelic expressions. Happy Valentines Day to your adorable family. Feel the love!
Darcy
Post a Comment