I am so thankful this morning. Maybe it's because it's absolutely beautiful outside and is the first day we've seen sunshine after about a week of cold rain. It's been such a refreshing start to the day, especially after a hard day yesterday. I just wanted to share what things I am thankful for today (in random order)...
*My marriage to Ken
*The joy of children
*The accountability and encouragement of friends
*God's grace & mercy, new every day
*Forgiveness
*Cherished friendships begun years ago
*The sweet outpouring of love in new friendships
*Sunshine
*Jack's voice & kisses
*Maggie's big smile & laugh
*Hearing about the wonderful works of God in people's lives
*Family
*My parents safe return after a fun visit to Texas
*Sleep
*The way exercising can relieve stress & energize me (I need to do this more)
*Nudgings from the Holy Spirit
Obviously this is not an all-inclusive list, but just a few things I'm thinking about this morning. Also, for those of you who like to listen to podcasts, here are three great programs I've heard recently on Moody radio.
Amazing personal story of Gianna Jessen; aborted at 7 months, and has an incredible testimony to share:
http://www.focusonthefamily.com/popups/media_player.aspx?ShowPath=Focus on the Family Daily&broadcastDate=2008-10-17
His Brain, Her Brain (Totally fun insight into the way most men & women approach things)
http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/HomeWord_This_Week/archives.asp?bcd=2008-11-8
Friendship, Boundaries & Forgiveness
http://www.moodyradio.org/brd_programarchive.aspx?id=11156
1 comment:
I am so thankful for YOU and this post! As Christians we know we should be and NEED to be thankful-- and it's lists like these that help keep our focus on thankfulness and keep a better understanding of what God has given to us... ultimatley leading us to greater contentment and bringing our thanksgivings and praises to God.
I Chronicles 16:8 "Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name; make known among the nations what He has done."
Psalm 30:12 "That my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever."
Thanks for the great reminder to ALL of us, how very MUCH we have to be thankful for-- the greatest of which is knowing we have a holy God who allows us to come to Him through Christ, our Savior!
Thanks Katie...
Post a Comment