Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Waiting Game...

Whoa, again, can't believe how many weeks have already passed since I last posted. I feel like we are in the midst of the waiting game; waiting to hear back on grad school, waiting to make plans (then again, God must laugh at us when we fall into this trap!), waiting for warmer weather so our regular park visits can resume again, waiting to get over colds.... why do I get the feeling God loves to work on my patience?! :) hahah. Yes, I'll admit, I do need work in that area for sure. I don't have pics to post today, but I'll work on getting some new ones up. For those who don't live in Spokane, it snowed here & we have a whoppin' 1 degree low temp for tonight. Tell me, is this normal for March? I suppose that's relative & I try not to long for spring time in Texas when we're in the midst of these drawn-out winters up here. But truly, I don't think there's a better time then late March/April in the South!!! And I love all those Indian Paintbrush & bluebonnet wild flowers that grow with the green fields this time of year down there. We all have colds right now, and the kids & I seem to have it the worst right now. Bummer. But, it is nice to do low-key activities at home & I think I may take inspiration from Sarah W. and start spring cleaning -- all the drawers could use attention & clothes that no longer fit should be put away. I love the feeling of clutter-free, organized space - and, I think God paired me with a husband who gets stressed out in a mess even more than most. Thinking of you and sending our love - germ free. :) Hope you have a great week!

3 comments:

annie.michele said...

Just remember last year's snow in June...and know that until we hit this June snow-free, we're not out of the woods. March is nothin'. ;)

Sarah W said...

Hey Katie! Thanks for the comment! Good luck with spring cleaning/organizing. I've still got a bit more to do, although I'm losing some momentum -- which means I better hurry up and finish before I just give up. Sorry to hear that you guys are sick! Hope you're able to get some rest (although that's not always easy with kiddos). Love you!

Anonymous said...

hey! i hear ya, the waiting game is NO fun! we are excited to hear news from you guys...either way! thanks again for all of your prayers and encouragment lately! we really appreciate you guys!:)