Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Golden Year?

They say your "golden year" is the year your age matches your birth date - and if so, I'm in for a stellar year ahead! :) hah. Who doesn't like to hope that's the case when their birthday roles around? I'm 29 today, though some days I feel younger - and most days I feel older with my slowing metabolism & lack of energy. It's already off to a great start and I honestly have had so many moments where I literally am just thanking Jesus & feel so undeserving. Which I am. And yet somehow I get to have an incredible husband and kids, wonderful-deep friendships, family I adore & live near, ... and the hope that He is not done with me.

Last night we went out with friends for our first experience of fondue dessert. Wowsa - quite amazing! Dangerously good. :) Today we made a leisurely breakfast (killer scrambled eggs with red peppers/scallions/Monterrey jack cheese--- probably my fave), great coffee & OJ. Later hit Costco, and then we drove to the far North & far South ends of town to look at property and dream. ;) There is something that totally makes my heart soar to be looking at views like that & can't imagine how refreshing it would feel to leave the noises of city life and enjoy the quiet of country-living where the kids can play free & I can have a garden. :) Maybe someday...




The girls (can't wait to meet Amy & Carly's babies when they arrive!!) :) :)


Ken, doing what he loves to do --- fillin' that brilliant mind with more fuel! :)


Happy dancing in our kitchen brought a smile to my face this morning... :)


Jack gettin' down to a new favorite song of Ken's


And when we win the lottery... :)

My favorite spot far South off Jameson Rd. Growing up, I'd jog past this all the time & to this day, am still amazed no one has built on it yet.


My favorite spot up north off of Half Moon Rd.


And a modest house something like this on either of those spots would be great ;). (Is that modest? This is actually a modular home believe it or not! I love the idea of a covered porch to have comfy outdoor chairs to curl up on and watch the kids play in the yard and read in the mornings and sit to play guitar at night with Ken as we talk about life and enjoy each other's company.)

2 comments:

annie.michele said...

You are just like me! I love driving and dreaming. Maybe not about houses just yet, but still. If you ever get a house with a wraparound porch, I will commission my dad to make you some adirondack chairs... (he's a woodshop teacher, and my mom has like 5 of those things already...and arbors and a giant pergola...let's just say I gotcha covered, no pun intended.)

I'm glad your big day was so enjoyable. You deserve it. Thanks for sharing your pictures and your life with us!

Sarah W said...

Grant and I do that all the time (driving and dreaming). Also -- your dream house looks like my dream house. I love gables and big front porches!

We just got back from vaca... it was wonderful and we want to move to the San Juan Islands and open up a little scooter shop.