Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Big Ultrasound


Today was it; the day we could have found out what we're having - but we didn't. And, quite fitting, the tech wouldn't have been able to tell one way or the other anyway as the baby was never quite in the right position. We also couldn't see much of a profile or the face because the little one just wouldn't turn it's head towards us & had it's hands in front of his/her face the whole time as they moved about. All looked healthy & measurements were good, so I am mega relieved. Especially that the baby is ok, but also that amniotic fluid levels are stable & all the contractions I've been having haven't sent me into preterm labor like it did with Jack & Maggie. They'll do another ultrasound before the end, but for now, I had great news that I do not need to be on bed rest yet! Praise Jesus - gosh, it's stressful enough being pregnant with two toddlers, but the idea of full time bed rest & the dependency on others makes my heart heavy. So today was a day of praise for sure. I'm not supposed to do any heavy lifting, exercising, and the goal is to continue to be down as much as I can while continuing Prometrium (to help with contractions)... but that is a piece of cake! I left the Dr's office this morning reminded of God's faithfulness and encouraged all the more to continue to trust Him regardless. She printed several pics for me, but these two were probably the most clear; one of the feet side-by-side, and the other is the best of the pics where we tried to see the face/profile. This little guy/gal looks like a tough cookie!... a little boxer with it's arms up ready for a fight. Wonder if he/she knows they've gotta be tough with a brother & sister like Jack & Maggie they're going to be playing with. ;)

3 comments:

carly said...

yea!:) i'm so glad that the baby is healthy and so happy for you that you don't have to be on bedrest yet! and good thing the baby is ready to come out fighting, it'll have to, being the third and all!;) can't wait to find out what that little baby inside of you is!!! :)

Amy Hook said...

Precious pictures! I am always amazed just how detailed little ones are at just 20ish weeks! Praise the Lord about no bed rest yet! And ditto what Carly said - can't wait to see if baby #3 a he or she!

jonesfamily said...

Such great news!!! Bedrest+toddlers doesn't exactly work out like it is intended! You are so patient to wait! How fun. So good to see you the other day. We will have to do it again really soon!!!!

Julie