Friday, July 2, 2010
We're a mess around here - but good :)
I don't know if anyone even read the brief post I put on here this morning about using hot sauce to tame the tongues of our toddlers - but I decided I just should delete it (it was lame anyway!) - because it really wasn't very interesting, and when I think about what I'd want to share or convey that's happening in our home - or more importantly - our hearts, hot sauce is only a tiny part of that update. haha. It is true... things are still not quite feeling "normal" in our house yet adjusting to three, but we are utterly in love with each child God's given us & stretched in immeasureable ways as we learn to parent and strive to reach each of their hearts for Christ. Our house is a mess most of the time, and admittedly - I loathe the disorder. God give me the grace to ease into the chaos rather than feel overwhelmed by the "stuff" everywhere! I think for me, the idea of having a clean house means there might be order to at least one thing in our lives right now. ;) ha! I am forever surprised by the joy God gives me through the stretching stages, and even surprised by the fun we are having doing simple things that now take 3x as long. I am so thankful for the huge encouragement from family & friends - and even "strangers" who bless my heart on a daily basis. God is good, and we feel so blessed. Ken's got a wee bit of short-timers going on at work as he gears up for the transition into grad school come August. He's such a hard worker!... I can't wait for him to be able to focus on school full time and actually enjoy his "work." :) His next CT scan is coming up this month (I'll keep ya posted), but he's been feeling great & we are thankful for every day with him. We're heading to the lake for the 4th to be with family on my Mom's side, and then Maggie turns 3 on Monday... so the next post will hopefully have pics. ;) Hope you all enjoy your holiday weekend!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Have so much fun with your family at the lake! Happy early birthday to Mag. I'm excited to see pics of your upcoming events. Send my love to all & I can't wait to hold that little boy again soon!
katie, i missed the hot sauce post,;) but loved this one. i am STILL learning to embrace the idea tha "everything takes three times longer" and benj is almost 8 months old. i know you guys are doing a great job, and your kids are lucky to have you and ken as parents.:)
Post a Comment