Over the holiday weekend our baby girl (or not so 'baby' anymore) turned four. FOUR! Eeesh.. the years are passing so quickly! We had a ball being home in Spokane, visiting family & friends - which made celebrating all the more exciting. It was also my Dad's birthday just 3 days before hers, and my brother's birthday just 5 days after. The weekend was so much fun and it was such a re-charge to be home!! And, I can't even put in words how much I enjoy our kids. The stages they're at are a blast! I like 5,4, and 1. :)
A friend once told me she liked Maggie's spunk. I couldn't agree more!... she is such a great mix of sugar n' spice with such a beautiful heart growing in that little body of hers. I love how maternal she is -- she's such a good big sister to Logan; always watching out for him (watching to make sure he doesn't put something dangerous in his mouth that he'd choke on, follows him up the stairs so he doesn't fall backwards, checks on him during naps, shares her snacks & drinks with him, plays mommy to her dollies adorably... I hope God gives her a family of her own some day because she really shines in the nurturing/motherly ways especially.) I love that she's a great little sister to Jack, too. They are best buddies and make each other laugh every day. They have their battles for sure, but even just this morning I saw Jack give her a kiss and tell her she was his best friend. She is thoughtful in ways beyond her years, often thinking of ways to brighten someone elses' day.... be it picking me a flower from the yard (or someone else's if I'm not careful to watch where the 'gift' comes from) :), drawing someone a picture to send in the mail, wanting to call and/or skype grandparents just to tell them she loves them, giving compliments all the time and lots of hugs and kisses.... and yet oh how that girl can play rough n' tumble with the best of 'em. Having two brothers is going to serve her well - she already has a tough shell & playful feist that I love! We adore every inch of her and couldn't be more thankful for the sweet gift she is sandwiched right, smack dab in the middle of our two boys. Sweet Magpie, we love you like crazy & hope you have the best year yet ahead! :) Happy Birthday my baby girl...
![]() |
| The July Birthday Bunch: Papa, Maggie & Uncle Beege |
![]() |
| Kiddos playing with her birthday gift from Nana & Grandpa |
![]() |
| Mags loves to read to Logan - she is so darn sweet to him (most of the time) ;) haha |
![]() |
| Beach fun at Liberty Lake on the 4th of July |
![]() |
| Of course the kids wanted to take a dip |
![]() |
| All tuckered out; she rarely naps anymore, but sure plays hard! There is something about sleeping babies & children that is forever so angelic & peaceful... |
2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Maggie!! What a beautiful girl she is!
I loved seeing your pictures from your weekend in Florence. My parents just got back from a week there. I'm sure you saw their place if you were in the downtown shopping area. They own one of the store fronts on the strip, a cute little gift shop, and it has a big apartment on the back of it that overlooks the river. We did a hike near there that was so fun - Sweetwater Falls. If you ever go back, check it out. It was beautiful! Of course everything is beautiful where you live!!
oh my goodness! four?! i can't believe it! i remember the first time i met you, maggie must've been around 18 months?! crazy how time flies! what a sweet little girl. we miss her! and the rest of you.:)
Post a Comment