Thursday, November 29, 2012

Bare Porch Ideas?

Our front porch looks like this right now.  I know, you want to come leaping right up to the door it's so inviting. ;)  That's what I need some help with... I've been looking at pinterest/hgtv/blog world, trying to come up with some ideas for giving it a little Christmas cheer.  The tricky part with this porch, although covered, is that there's about a 15" drop off on the part that's directly in front of the door (so as you're looking at this photo, it's the left side where the concrete ends), we get a boatload of spiders here that seem to love to congregate on the siding & ceiling in the porch area, and the gutters leak, so this area is also exposed to a lot of rain and furniture/decor placed here will get soaked.  The front door has a big glass oval window, and putting a wreath there looks like a scary shadow when you're inside.  What could I do out here to add cheer and Christmas decor that would work with those parameters?  Also, this is a rented home, so we can't do a lot of fun modifications that will damage or drastically alter things.   Would love your ideas! :)

No comments: