Thursday, February 7, 2008
Lamenting
I'm ready for Summer, anyone else?! Ok, so I'd even settle for Spring right about now! (Especially Springtime in the South!).... this winter weather is making me depressed! haha. Enough of the snow already. Enough of the slush. Enough of the brisk n' cold, windy blasts that meet you when you open your front door. I miss being able to throw the kids in the jogger and go for walks in the park or around the neighborhoods. I get cabin fever pretty easy these days, and that's even when we're able to get out on a big outing to say, the grocery store! ;) Some of you know we are prayerfully considering a move to Austin, Texas. I can say after this week, we are more ready than ever to live in warmer weather! Why Austin? Why not?!!! Jokes aside, it actually is a place both Ken & I would love to experience and we're hoping God would open doors to make that happen. Yep, I'm officially putting this "out there" for all to read and know because it has moved from something we just wishfully talk about here or there, to something we are quite serious about and would love to see materialize. More than anything though, we'd just ask that if you would like to be praying about this with us, we would greatly appreciate your prayers. Ken is looking into job possibilities down there and has some of his resume information out there already - more on that at a later post. Both of us sense change is just around the bend, but aren't exactly sure what that looks like or what that means. We do know God is stirring our hearts and has already been preparing the way for whatever road He'd have us walk down. I just pray we are able to discern what that is! In the meantime, this probably leaves you with a very vague sense of what direction we're even moving, (and right now, it's more that we're trying to be patient, and yet proactive at the same time) so all I can say is that we will update you as we learn more and appreciate your prayers if a move to Texas - or anywhere for that matter - is what God would have for us in the near future. Thank you for caring about us and partnering in prayer...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
SAD. . .our new favorite friends are going to move. OK I will pray. . . but I'm so sad about it, but I guess excited for God's plan:) I know God has amazing plans for your darling family. I'm excited to see what is in store for you all, but selfishly sad you might move.
Darcy McMurray
Post a Comment