Monday, April 14, 2008

Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to the Dentist we go...! :)

Or, well, to be more accurate... it's "off to the dentist we went!" This morning was Jack's first visit to the dentist. We are so dang proud of him, he did PERFECT! Ken & I were gearin' up for a meltdown, and not sure what to expect given the new surroundings, the fact that we were in a doctor's office (which Jack always feels uncomfortable in and I don't know too many kids who get excited about that), and not to mention our worry that he could chomp down on the dentist while she was taking a look in his mouth. All of those fears were put to rest the moment we walked into the most incredible, kid-friendly dental office I have ever seen. They thought of everything to make it as positive of an experience as possible. Ok, and to top it off, the staff and dentist couldn't be more helpful, patient, and incredibly gentle with our little one! Man alive, where were places like this when I was growing up?? If you live in Spokane, we went to the KIDDS Place out on Hastings Rd and saw Dr. Cathy. Best dentist I've ever encountered - and believe me, I'm one with far too much familiarity with dentists, especially growing up. (I've had 18 teeth pulled - can't believe I have enough left to fill the gaps! haha) I wish I had a picture of Jack from this morning to validate the huge success our first dentist trip was, but unfortunately, you'll just have to take my word for it. Or, go see for yourself with your own child's visit. Have a great day, SMILE! :) Ok, I'm a cheese ball... ;)

1 comment:

Amy Hook said...

I love your "trip to the dentist" story! I'm glad to know that they have improved things in the dentist realm since we were kids. I bet it was such a relief to expect disaster & come out singing praises instead:)!

After a long break from the world of blogging, I finally caught up reading your blog. I especially loved reading your long blog where you answered Q's & then realized you tagged me at the end -ha! I'll do my best to accept the challenge in the next week or so:).