I'd be interested to hear from any of you with young kids, if you and your spouse find that it's hard to make time as a couple to have uninterrupted conversations that don't necessarily revolve around what's for dinner or what the kids are doing - or are we the oddballs here? Especially with Ken's current job, we rarely have evenings together - in fact, those seem so few n' far between (maybe twice a week at best?), that majority of our time together in the day is spent taking care of the kids or running errands and leaves very little time to simply talk and connect until those cherished, rare evenings come along when Ken is home with us. He took last night off because it'd just been a busy few weeks and we felt like we hadn't had much time together. Despite the chilly, drab weather we've had this week, we were able to sit at the patio out back and made a fire outside. We played guitars like back in the good ol' dating days, :), and just had an awesome, deep conversation, recharging after making time for one another. I wish we had more days (or I should say, nights) like this as a couple. I think it makes us better parents when we are able to pour into our marriage as well as our kids.
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Recharge
I'd be interested to hear from any of you with young kids, if you and your spouse find that it's hard to make time as a couple to have uninterrupted conversations that don't necessarily revolve around what's for dinner or what the kids are doing - or are we the oddballs here? Especially with Ken's current job, we rarely have evenings together - in fact, those seem so few n' far between (maybe twice a week at best?), that majority of our time together in the day is spent taking care of the kids or running errands and leaves very little time to simply talk and connect until those cherished, rare evenings come along when Ken is home with us. He took last night off because it'd just been a busy few weeks and we felt like we hadn't had much time together. Despite the chilly, drab weather we've had this week, we were able to sit at the patio out back and made a fire outside. We played guitars like back in the good ol' dating days, :), and just had an awesome, deep conversation, recharging after making time for one another. I wish we had more days (or I should say, nights) like this as a couple. I think it makes us better parents when we are able to pour into our marriage as well as our kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yall are too cute! love this picture :)
Post a Comment