Monday, August 18, 2008

Pretty close to a perfect day


So this is a bit blurry, but Ken loves to show me the craters on the moon (rather amazing!), and we could even see Jupiter's rings and the moons orbiting around it last night, too. CRAZY!!

Yesterday was such a great day - nothing particularly spectacular happened, just one of those close-to-perfect "everyday" days. For starters, we made it to church - which lately, has been super hit n' miss for us attending. It felt so refreshing to be able to worship with the Body of believers and see friends. We did a tag-team approach to church where I went to the first service, Ken went to the second and we took turns watching the kids while the other went. While I was gone, Ken took the kids to the Japanese gardens (which they love!), and while Ken was gone, I worked outside in the yard with the kids. I'm starting to realize this will be a long post if I did a play-by-play for the entire day, so here are some highlights for the rest of it: naps, spent wonderful afternoon together, Jack & I made chocolate chip cookies, dinner as a family (something I totally relish because it happens so infrequently with Ken's night schedule), we took a long walk with the kids through Manito park in the evening, star gazing with Ken & looking at the moon with the telescope, playing cards, and watching a movie. Looking back, it feels like we fit a lot into a day, but the day never felt hurried. We watched the movie, "To End All Wars" and it was great. We'd seen it before a long time ago -but I thought of that movie during Rob's sermon yesterday because the storyline of the movie (based on a true story of POW's in a Japanese concentration camp during WWII) was such a parallel to what he talked about at church.

It's supposed to be 99 today so we thought it's a great day to take the kids to the waterpark. Ready or not, here we come! :) Hope you all have a wonderful week ahead - all our love to you!

No comments: