Happy Jack sportin' his new 'do
The Heidi Klum pose
Smiley Mags after her afternoon siesta
Despite our love of Jack's hair, we decided we'd spare him sweating as a 2 year old in this lovely heat wave we've had, and do him up right with a short little haircut. Though you can't tell from the pics, he HATES the sound of clippers and is not (generally) a fan of having his haircut. He actually does a great job sitting still for it, so long as he's sitting in the highchair and gets to watch one of his favorite movies: Cars or The Incredibles. (To any of you other Moms out there who cut your kiddos' hair, this was a great trick to overt their attention while you cut away.) Afterwards, I took him over to the mirror to show him the new 'do and you should see the grin on his face! He totally knew he just had a haircut and you could see this silly pride come over him with the sweetest expression. Here are some funny pics from right after the haircut - in the 2nd one here, I cracked up when I saw it uploaded on the screen; I call that his Heidi Klum pose. ;) HA!
I want to give a quick update on Mags too. She is at such a fun stage right now!! (Though she keeps us on our toes constantly as she's always on the move, but not quite walking, yet gets up and down the stairs FAST!) She loves to say "bah" (aka: ball) and loves them with as much passion as Jack loves little cars. (Jess, I totally think our kids could be best friends for that reason! haha) Maggie has also started saying, "Wee" when she's on the swing or having fun riding around on one of Jack's trucks. We call her our chow hound because that girl can eat like you wouldn't believe! She eats blueberries like they're chocolate and you cannot take a bite or a sip of something without her making her way towards you and pulling on your leg until she gets to try some too. No haircuts are in the near future for her; it's finally growing in and starting to curl a little on the ends - which I adore!
1 comment:
I love the pictures! We must have seen Jack right after the hair cut, huh? So adorable.
It was great to see you at church this morning. We looked around for you after the service, but you must have been in the nursery? (We have never really snooped around at church to know where anything is located). Anyways, it would be fun to get coffee sometime. Give me a call or email and maybe we can plan a date! 303.263.0862 or amyhook11@hotmail.com :)
Post a Comment