Friday, October 10, 2008

5, 4, 3, 2, (one is coming...)

Our laptop crashed about a month ago and we've been using our old desktop since... which has been a great test for me in the ol' patience department given how slow this puppy runs!! It has been fun though, to discover old pics that were saved on here. Pics from when Ken & I were dating and newly engaged, to the first year or so of Jack's life, to a number of other random moments in between. I thought it'd be fun to look back through a few October photos, from the past 5 years. WOW, has so much changed in such a (seemingly) short amount of time! Marriage, 2 kids, 2 home renovations, travel abroad and within the states, job changes, and memories of it all that are rushing to mind all at once tonight. Admittedly, these are probably more fun for me to look back on and reminisce about the memories attached to each one, but what a wonderful time of year this has been. Pictured with this post is year 5, 4, 3, 2, and (1) will be this year's "October pics"... hopefully we'll have some photo ops this weekend & I'll make that my next post! :) Have a great weekend, enjoy the beauty of Fall while it's here...


Oct. 2004: 1st year of marriage, living at my folks' house while renovating our home


also in October 2004: My amazing auntie Em shared her favorite part of the world with me


October 2005: Bumpwatch! Pregnant with Jack and on bedrest. I could get up for bathroom breaks and to take a shower, but that was all. He was Sooooo worth it!!! :)


Oct. 2006: Wonderful life with Jack! :) He's 10 months old here. I remember this like it was yesterday!


October 2007: Ken and his beautiful Mama at Greenbluff


October 2007: Wendy (Ken's Mom), me, and Mags at Greenbluff


October 2007: Jack in the pumpkin patch - can you believe how much he's grown?!!


October 2007: Jack at Manito park (my Mom took this photo & I love it!)


October 2007: Daddy and Mags... speaking of the kids growing up so fast! ;)

4 comments:

McMurrays said...

Loved the walk down memory lane! One of my favorite things in the world to do is look back at old pictures! Happy Fall!
The McMurrays

Amy... said...

Wow...you guys are a beautiful family!

Keith and Meghan said...

I'm with Darcy, I love old pictures! Our computer's screen saver is just random pictures from our files and sometimes I just stare at it as it plays them through. Thanks for sharing your memories :)

Sarah W said...

I love the pictures! Especially the pregnant one -- are you wearing a Don't Mess With Texas shirt? You all are such a beautiful family!! I'm looking forward to seeing your October 2008 pictures. Love you!