Sunday, December 28, 2008

Jack is 3 today! :)











It's hard to believe our little guy is three years old already. Born December 28th, 2005 at 3:03pm. Little could we have known the immeasurable blessing it is to have him in our lives. He is a joy, an endless reminder of God's love & grace, a wonderful way God sharpens Ken & I as we face the challenges of training him up to know and (pray that he comes to) love the Lord, and Jack warms our hearts to no end with his smiles, energy & sweet affection. I asked Ken what his 3 favorite things about Jack are and his responses without even skipping a breath were:

* His playfulness
* His enthusiasm for the things he loves most
* The way he loves Maggie

Ken asked me the same thing, and while these 3 "favorites" are what I answered tonight, there's an endless list in my heart:

* The way his eyes light up when he smiles and laughs (he has such kind eyes!)
* That he dances around in place when he gets excited
* His voice (and especially the way he says, "Good morning," "Mama please," and "wee you" (love you). )

Jack, you are more special to us than we could ever tell you or put in words. We thank God for you every day and the joy you bring to our family wells our hearts so much we just want to hug you and kiss your adorable cheeks all the time! Happy 3rd birthday, Little man! We love you.

Even though today is Jack's official birthday, we didn't do a party because Ken & I are both fighting colds. We did make him his favorite dinner (chicken divan casserole) and he had a little mini birthday cake. We're hoping to do something for him with his little buddies next weekend...

3 comments:

Sarah W said...

Happy Birthday to Jack!! I hope he has the best day! He looks so handsome in those pictures wearing that cute sweater. Your kiddos are always dressed so well. I hope you and Ken get to feeling better soon. Love you!

The Wisers said...

Hooray! Happy Birthday Jack! I can't believe he is 3 already!

Anonymous said...

wooo! can't believe it. you guys are such wonderful parents. you should print out that blog post and hide it away for when he is older.