Friday, January 2, 2009

Celebrating our 5th Anniversary Today!

It's hard to believe that 5 years ago today, Ken & I started our lives together & were married right here in our home town. Our dear friend, Jon Montgomery, owns a video business (Celebrate Life Media) and put this wedding video together for us. We have loved having this memory to look back on and will have fun showing our kids one day too. We actually didn't order a single one of the photographs from our wedding, so it's been a huge blessing to have actual footage of our big day that captured the memories we have. Sometimes when we see this video and are reminded of how our story together all began (post-dating of course), we have fleeting thoughts of how nice it would be to go back to how simple things were when we first started out. But then we erase the joy and the incredible gifts of having our kids and the experiences God has used to grow us in our love for Him and one another. Like any couple, we have our share of challenges, but from the start, we were both determined to work hard for a wonderful marriage & God has blessed that vow. Though I could share a "love letter" to Ken here, I think it best to be saved just for him. ;) Happy Anniversary, Ken! I love you more than you could ever know...

Note: I'm not that tech savvy, and short of putting this on youtube, I realized facebook will host a video this file size... so here we are. If it's kinda grainy, you might have the option to view it in higher quality if you click on the screen. If not, sorry! Thanks for joining us on a trip down memory lane... :)

5 comments:

Amy... said...

Beautiful!! We're so blessed to have you in our lives...we love you two!

McMurrays said...

Happy Anniversary! Your marriage is a ministry to many!
Love you!
The McMurrays

Sarah W said...

Happy Anniversary! That was a beautiful wedding video. Love you!

The Wisers said...

What an amazing video...so special...so many memories captured. Congrats!

Weber Family said...

Happy Anniversary! May God continue to bless you two in your marriage as you grow even more to love, serve and obey Him! Can't wait to watch the video...