Friday, January 16, 2009

Day 3 after Surgery

It's been a little while since I did a post - or I guess it feels like it has because this has been a crazy week. I had my surgery on Wednesday morning & all went well. They ended up doing the uterine suspension after all, along with the laser laparoscopy to zap the endometriosis. There are 3 small incisions with stitches - and those seem to be healing already. I am still a bit sore yet getting better, and for the first 2 days, I wasn't moving around much at all. --- Ken has been doing an amazing job taking care of me & moved just effortlessly into the role of Mr. Mom with the kids. He puts me to shame! He has started potty training Jack all on his own, went out and bought new markers for the kids to have art time during their day, and also found Jack some number flash cards to play games with him. He even went grocery shopping and bought some of their favorite snacks. You wouldn't believe how sensitive and helpful he's been with me too. Ken even set up the baby monitor in our room so if I needed anything, I could just start talking and he'd come upstairs in a flash. He really is such a stud!! Not to mention, the few times I have made a trip downstairs, he has things all cleaned up - floors vacuumed, dishes done, laundry folded and new loads started --- is he for real?! :) We have also been just exceedingly blessed by the outpouring of love and prayers from family and friends. Friends have been bringing incredible dinners over at night & we are so dang spoiled! I even have beautiful flowers to look at on the dresser. Really, I feel like I should have had a bigger surgery to help justify all this super sweet attention and love. My cup runneth over. :) No pics for today, but just wanted to write a quick update to let those of you who were wondering, how things are going in recovery-ville. :) Thank you all for your prayers and support. I'm thinking right now of that praise song with lyrics that seem so totally appropriate for what I feel in my heart, "... how beautiful is the body of Christ...." Thank you again. We love you guys!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was just thinking of you and wondering how you were feeling today! wow! ken is doing such a good job!! i'm glad you are feeling taken care of...you deserve it! i'm expecting a call from you tonight or tomorrow night (OR BOTH!) around the kids' bedtime!! love you!

McMurrays said...

So glad you are feeling better! Ken is amazing . . God has blessed you with a wonderful husband. Praying you completely recover quickly.
The McMurrays

Sarah W said...

Hi Katie! Hope you are feeling well and recovering quickly! Love you!

Keith and Meghan said...

How you feeling? Just checkin' in :)