Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Blog Slacker




my 18 month old "baby"




Jack in the maze at Jump n' Bounce (sooo much fun there!!!)


That's Mags on the slide all by herself


..and down she goes! :)


Ken with the kids


Jack was beside himself excited to be there & getting to play/run/jump that much







An update here, feels overdue. Even though it's only been a week & a half or so since our last post, that's been an eventful week and a half. Thanks so much for those of you who've been praying for my recovery & asking how that's going. I feel much, much better. Not quite 100% yet, but definitely on the mend and am looking forward to working out again soon and getting back into more of a normal routine. Already it feels like the surgery made a difference & it has been really nice not having lower back pain anymore, among other things. Praise Jesus! :) The kids are doing awesome. We've started potty training with Jack - though not super consistently & just trying to "move in that direction" would be more accurate. He hasn't really been interested, though on successful drop offs, we've showered him with praise in hopes of encouraging more of the same. ;) (I'm sorry, was that maybe, too blunt to word it that way?) ;) haha. Maggie's vocabulary continues to build & she is just a ton of fun to be with. Both kids absolutely adore Ken (then again, how can ya not?!) :)... and when he gets home from work at the end of the day, the volume & energy level in our house increases a hundred fold as chase begins and Jack starts taunting Daddy with lines like, "... I'll get you... I'll get you!" Ken & I are both reading fantastic books right now. I'm a good share of the way through "Three Cups of Tea" and recommend it whole-heartedly. Ken's reading, "Silence" by Shusaku Endo. It has been gut-wrenching for him, as it's about Christian (and religious) persecution in Japan during (I think Ken said?) the 17th century and he has found it utterly fascinating despite how heartbreaking it is to read. Anyways, I realized last night as Ken & I were both laying in bed, each with our lamps on, reading side-by-side, that we are like an old married couple. haha. And, you guys, I'm not really a big reader most of the time these days because I just seldom have the time- and or energy, to stay awake after a long day with the kids. So, anyhow, I have been thrilled to start a few exceptional books lately that have really moved my heart & had me excited. A few favorite things this past week:

*Watching Maggie dance
*Jack coming up and kissing my hand (I wonder if he must have seen Ken do this?)
*Joy-filled days with the kiddos
*Great REST at night!
*Deep, invigorating conversations
*Hearing Jack sing, "Frosty the Snowman"
*Doing our taxes (yes, I'm a crazy who actually enjoys this)

Here are updated pics, finally! We love you all and hope you are doing well. Hugs from us four & please email me or get in touch if there's anything I can be praying for you about. I love to do that while I do dishes, and though many of you wouldn't know it because I don't call or write to tell you, I think of you often. Loads of love!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! when did you guys go to the jump and bounce place? we were just invited to a birthday party there and i'm so excited to see andrew play!:) i have had three cups of tea for at least a year now and have never started it. maybe i should!:)

Keith and Meghan said...

:)

Sarah W said...

great pictures! that bounce place looks fun -- Rhett and Huddy would love that. I'm so glad you're recovering well -- I've been thinking about you a lot the last few weeks. You are a dear friend even though we're so far apart!!

Also - I just potty trained Rhett using a 3-day potty training method that my friend told me about, and it worked, and it only took one day. Let me know if you want to hear about it. Love you Katie!!