It's been another fun week around here, though it feels like it went super fast & was much busier than I usually am good with. Play dates, Costco & grocery store trips, starting the p90x workouts with Ken, seeing family, time with friends, a birthday party (Happy Birthday, Caleb!) :) and just- gosh... enjoying the down time at home in sweats too. We also had our kitchen floor grout re-done. That was one of those lame little things that nagged at Ken & I, and feels great to walk into that room with it done. My sister sent an awesome, awesome care package to us -- included in which was one of those snazzy flip videos. Ever seen 'em before? I hadn't even heard of them! They are super easy to use & a fun way to record the kids, especially for all of us bloggers. I hope Jaimes (my sister) checks the blog so she can see these videos courtesy of her!! :) Quick, cute kid story to share: I took Jack & Maggie with me to some fitness stores to look for pull up bars that would work in our door frame. When it was time to go, I told the kids we were heading out & Jack reached for Maggie's hand and held it, leading her all the way through the entire store, following me like such a good little boy! He was so proud to be holding her hand and I was just beaming at how dang adorable they looked. If only every trip out went that smoothly. HA! Hardly. Well, before I prattle on, here are some videos of the kids - the first of Maggie dancing. She LOVES music & loves to dance! Atta' girl!!! :) And Jack, oh man, that little guy melts my heart with his smiles & laughter & quirky-timed energy. (He'll run laps around the house chanting, "Bob the builder, YES-WE-CAN!" more times than I can keep track....oh, to have that kind of energy!) :)
Rockin' out to some country swing - I couldn't decide which video to post - both are not exactly the best musical influence and I'm afraid of being tisk-tisked as a Mom for putting this on here, but it's too cute!!
Maggie groovin' to good ol' J.T. :)
I can't help but smile when I see Jack enjoying something that makes him laugh :)
Lastly, I have a story... This deserves a section in itself, because it is just surreal that it happened. Many of you know, some may not, that about 3 years ago while on a trip through Texas, I lost my wedding ring. Somewhere in the midst of the visit to the ER in Amarillo for Jack's spiked fever en route, I realized I didn't have it. I don't know if I took it off at a rest stop somewhere along the way between Ft. Worth & Amarillo when I was washing my hands, or if it fell out in the car, if I left it at the Schwartz' house (friends we were staying with in Amarillo).... all I knew is that I didn't have it & was so distraught about it. After Jack was on the mend, we drove back 7 hours, retracing our steps, calling police stations to file reports in case it got turned in, asking the cashiers at truck stops to let us know if they found anything. When our best efforts of recovering it turned up void, we had a replica made once we were back home. It looks very similar to the original, but obviously will never have the same sentimental value. Fast forward now to the present: Valentine's day was last Saturday and neither of us are big into the commercialism of it, though aren't anti. We had just planned on a low-key night at home after the kids were in bed, cooking dinner here. Ken came out with this big, wrapped box and said I was supposed to catch the theme. Feeling guilty that he had done something "big" and literally all I gave him was a card & some dark chocolate, he assured me this was different and not to feel bad--he was excited for me to see it. I opened the first box, and found my bike helmet inside?? Then came 2 of the books he's given me? Then a windbreaker he gave me last year. (So this is one way to go when you're trying to stay on a budget! hah) I picked up the theme was "things he's given me in the past." You can probably guess where I'm going with this... but for fun, I'll finish the story. So I came to the last, wrapped present--- my burgundy ring box. Questioning what he had done & quickly glancing over to the window ledge in the kitchen to be sure my ring was still there (I had taken it off just ten minutes prior when I was doing dishes), I noted it was still there & proceeded to open the ring box anyway. Inside?... yep, my original wedding ring set!!!! I was speechless. Utterly blown away. And then cried. I cannot believe it has been found! Our dear friends, Bill & Nancy Schwartz, were cleaning out a bookshelf & happened to find my ring at the bottom of a wicker basket outside of the guest bedroom we stayed in on our trip through their town way back when. Their story of finding it & putting the pieces together was entertaining and heart-warming to hear too. Needless to say, we owe them big time! Knowing V-day was coming up, they contacted Ken & made all the arrangements to mail it to his work so it could be a surprise for me for valentine's day. Pretty amazing, huh? God is --- well, He just leaves me speechless at times! I mean, how many times have I glanced at my ring and in the quiet of my heart, wondered what happened to the original and if I'd ever know. We are soooooo, incredibly thankful & grateful. I love wearing it again. For those wondering what will become of the replica ring, we don't know yet. We are praying about it though. I love that what triggered the memory for Bill & Nancy to know it was my lost ring, was the verse engraved inside. I love this verse, especially when I think of it in the context of marriage.
Philippians 2:1-5, "If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus."
6 comments:
Oh, Katie!! This is so awesome! Everything...I love to hear about the joys in motherhood! And your ring...oh my gosh! Let's talk today at church about Thursday? love, amy
Cute videos! I need to take a video of Hudson dancing as he watches Maggie dancing on the computer. I love her spin and stomp move. And so cool about your ring! You probably never thought you'd see it again - what a terrific surprise!
HOORAY!!!! Katie, I have to admit I cried when I read your post! I know they are just rings but their meaning is so powerful. Last summer on the night of our 5 year anniversary I had to have my ring cut off (long story short, I had an allergic reaction that caused my hands to swell). I cried and cried. We had it fixed at Christmas and my heart sang when Ryan slipped the newly repaired ring on my finger.
Thanks for sharing Maggie's dance moves...so cute!
hey! the videos wouldn't work for me. not sure why!:( i definitely wanted to see the kiddos dancing! i'll have to try again later. anyways, again, i am so happy that they found your ring! that really is such a cool story.
keep your fingers crossed this week...maybe we could ACTUALLY get together!! ;)
That is incredible about your ring!!! I can't wait to hear what special plans the other ring will have.
It's so neat how God brought such a gift with your ring! Anneka enjoyed watching your kiddos!
Post a Comment