Sunday, May 31, 2009

We are lovin' the warmer weather


Jack's now 3.5 years old and at such a fun stage!!


Some of the first rhododendrons blooming in the backyard -- LOVE IT! These are the state flower, I think?


The I've-Had-Too-Much-Fun-In-The-Sun nap crash on the couch


Our own little martian :)


Even on the crisp, cool mornings, the kids love playing outside. I just think it's funny that Maggie loves playing with cars just like Jack!


Jack's way into any truck or tractor that can scoop up the dirt


Look at those curls! :) Love putting her in little sundresses this time of year


We are all loving the great weather around here; I'm not even sure what the temps have been (upper 80's maybe?), sunny & perfect! The house has been a tad toasty, but was an excuse to get out the ol' window AC units that work like a charm in this 100 year old home. The kids love playing in the backyard; digging with tractors in the dirt, running through sprinklers, playing with their toys outside... and I'll be honest, I just love an excuse to be outside enjoying the sun with the kids. Ken was just saying how he wants to plan a camping trip. We think it would be tons of fun, though we may be setting ourselves up for a nightmare with how young our kids are still. I'm sure I'll write about that adventure if/when it happens. ;) Let's see, what else? Oh, for those who don't know, we put an offer on a house up north "in the country" and should hear back within the next week or two if it is accepted. That house is in a short-sale (meaning, the bank that holds the current lien on it, has agreed to let the owner sell it for less than she owes to prevent having to foreclose.) We are one of three offers, so it could go a number of ways or the bank could counter to highest bidder, or they could just wait and let it go into foreclosure on July 10th like it's set for. There is interest for our house in the city, but financing has been a snare for some of those parties. We've entertained the idea of renting out our current house, but would like to give it a little more time on the market before going that route. It's hard to imagine leaving - this is a home with a lot of sweet, sweet memories & we do love it here. But, was never a home we bought with the intention of staying long-term. I hope you all are enjoying the start to what feels like summer. We love you! Thanks for reading...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the new pictures katie! and oh my gosh! the first picture of jack looks just like you (in my opinion:)!. love you guys!