Friday, June 12, 2009

The Happenings

Gosh, where to start. So much is going on right now and I fully accept due-blame about not keeping up with our blog. This past week has been a hard one; a dear friend of the family & my cherished buddy, Belinda's, Mom, went home to be with Jesus after a hard bout with cancer. I feel weird blogging about this and won't journal my thoughts here, but she was a woman to be praised & honored, and though we grieve deeply, we also celebrate her life & knowing on the other side of heaven - God and angels and the heavenly host are rejoicing for her homecoming!

I haven't blogged either, about the fact that we had an offer on our house a few weeks back and are on track to close the end of this month. We are super excited about the great couple who will be moving here. To them, it wasn't just a house they liked enough to put an offer on, but rather the house. (so they've shared) We love knowing that someone else is going to enjoy this home as much as we have!

We are starting to pack and begin the moving process tomorrow, and will continue to just make trips to the storage unit throughout the week. Our intent is to be moved out by Monday, the 22nd. Electricians are coming in to change out some knob & tube wiring in the attic & basement, and they'll begin their work on the 23rd and it's easiest if we aren't in the middle of a move while they're trying to do their work. Plus, we wanted a week before closing to be moved out, to give us a chance to do a thorough deep clean, touch up paint where needed, mow/weed whack, and have it in tip-top shape for when they take possession. Kinda cool tid bit too, they're getting married a few days after we close!

Selling our house automatically begs the question - where are we living next? My parents have graciously offered to let us stay with them in the interim. Mind you, we fully took into consideration all that might entail & how frustrating that might become for them to have their beloved grand kids in their presence 24/7, for possibly a few weeks. haha. We get to take over the basement level & are so thankful to have a place to move to until God reveals what's next.

We put an offer on a home on the North side of town about a month ago (yeah, I know, didn't blog about that either - sorry!). It would be freakin' SWEET!!!! The views and landscape are amazing & the home has so much potential. We love doing project houses, and this one could be a home we stay in and Lord willing, keep for the long haul. It would be perfect for what we had in mind as far as a country setting to raise the kids in, yet close-in so Ken doesn't have too long of a commute, we're close to family, close to Whitworth university to potentially rent out some space to a college student & have a ministry through that, .... it's just so serene & beautiful up there. Bummer is, the house is in a short sale, which as some of you might know, is anything but "short." We are one of 3 offers on the house, and realize it's a long shot as it is. Some of the parties have been waiting for about 9-10 weeks already without any word. We were told two weeks ago a negotiator would be assigned to the house sale within 7-10 days. That time came & went & still no word. We're prayerful they'll make a decision soon, as the reason we are moving in with my folks & not looking for a different property/home, is because this short sale house is that worth the wait. We want whatever God has for us, and if it be that home... that would be incredible... but if it's not, we're praying He would reveal that sooner than later so we don't wear out our welcome with my parents. ;)

Stay tuned for an update... :)


4 comments:

Amy Hook said...

You have so much going on right now, Katie. I'm amazed (but not a bit surprised) by your positive attitude and willingness to trust God w/ such big circumstances. We're praying w/ you about the house out north. Love you!

Sarah W said...

How was the move? I hope you all are feeling settled at your parents' home. I miss your more frequent updates, but I completely understand -- you've got a ton going on right now! Love you!

Leif and Jami Gustafson said...

God bless you in this time of craziness and transitions!!

Keith and Meghan said...

Katie, I just have to tell you that I am totally missing your blog posts!(not intending to pressure a post here--I hope you are enjoying time aways from the blog as you are busy doing fun summer stuff with your family--oh and moving!!!) However, I've realized how much I look forward to reading about your life :) Which makes me think that perhaps I should, like, hang out with you in PERSON! What a concept huh? When your life calms down a little I seriously would love to see you!