
So, here we are a few weeks into life in my parents' basement & things are somewhat settled into a "managed chaos" with the kids turning (and I'm sure Ken & I, too) things upside down for my parents' usual, quiet routines - "stuff" literally all over town between the storage unit, my parents' home, Ken's parents' garage, the basement, the shed in the back.. haha, you get the idea --- and if I couldn't make this an even longer run-on sentence, it's been a whirlwind trying to plan out & order materials for the upcoming home projects that are sure to ensue once we close on the new house next Friday, all while moving forward with daily life with toddlers. Lord help me! :) I might be due for a meltdown soon. haha So far, we're on schedule for closing the 31st -Lord willing, but anticipating that something could come up and delay things. Isn't that usually the case? :) As of now, Ken has the first week of August scheduled off so we can hit the house hard & crank away at projects needing immediate attention so we can at least move in. After that, we can chip away at finishing the rest once we're living there. When I say things that need immediate attention, I mean, the main floor bathroom & kitchen, mostly. The bathroom is completely gutted down to the studs & floorboards. And the kitchen has brand new cabinets but no flooring yet nor countertops, and the electrical all needs to be trimmed out. (Is that the term?) Anyhow, it's a house we bought "as-is" from a former co-worker & friend of mine, and it's like 90% renovated. They've done an outstanding job with the current work that's been done, just lost steam & motivation to finish 'er on up. It's just a little 50's "L-shaped" rancher with super contemporary updates thus far, and in a great, quiet little neighborhood. Ken & I went over and weed whacked the backyard (landscaping the back is also on the project list as it's currently in a state of nothin' but weeds & piles of gravel) - so I'll share that tonight. I have more pics, but I'm thinking it'd be more fun to post once we move in.... so hang tight & I'll follow up here soon! Much love to you all & thanks for checking in with us. We hope you are well... :)
P.S. Ok, the Mom in me can't not put some updated pics of the kids on here too... here are some of my recent faves! :)




Jack checkin' out deer in the field across the way

Maggie & Grandma Sue

Art time on Grandma's kitchen walls... (oh the joys...) ;)



All giggles during bed time stories with Daddy

Jack "helping" gracious, Martin, the AC repair guy today - notice the matching head lamp?! haha. This was the highlight of Jack's week I think :)

Jack loves pulling Mags in the wagon out front
No comments:
Post a Comment