Saturday, September 12, 2009

Cannon Beach - my new heaven :)


the kids with Grandma & Papa


one of my faves...


You should have seen the joy pouring over him as he ran along the beach!


Mags found a sand dollar then proceeded to step on it to see what it was made of


The beach was like glass that went on forever!


Mags loved it at the ocean - her first time to the beach


Mom got each of the kids these darling LIFEGAURD sweatshirts - LOVED this pic of Jack


Piggy back rides are a fave around here


Gotta soak up all the chances I get to hold my quickly growing babies!


Heading out for first view...

Good gracious, if I don't sign on here, a month might go by without an update and much has been happening! Guess that could explain the lack of updates -- we have been insanely BUSY! I know, I know, who isn't these days (and I sincerely mean that too), but throughout these past few weeks we have been cranking away on our house every spare moment just to get it move-in-able, then moving (an interesting challenge once in the toddler phase and not one either Ken or I want to do again for a long, long time - if ever!), then "nesting", more projects, and a trip to Cannon Beach for labor day weekend. If you haven't heard from us in ions, know you are in good company because we have literally felt like we've fallen off the social wagon for months. I say that with a laugh, but at the same time, I've totally had a heavy heart tonight thinking about wonderful friends and family whom we haven't seen or been in touch with in way too long -- and how awful I feel for letting things that really don't matter in life (like our house projects) take away from those treasured relationships. So, if you are feeling slighted by me/us... my sincere apologies and know you are on my mind & I'm looking forward to the positive changes Fall brings and times together soon.

There are so many things that could be blogged about in their own right, but this post would get way too long and I don't want to bore you. Suffice it to say: we're IN, we are moved in, getting settled, and absolutely LOVING the new house!! I don't think a day has gone by yet, where Ken hasn't exclaimed (yes, exclaimed!) how much he loves living here. :) And I dig it too. Big time. It's perfect for our family and has room to grow with us, and plenty of projets to satisfy our seemingly constant desire to create/build/decorate/update. The kids are super excited about their rooms & love living here too -- it's so much fun to see them enjoying it just as much as we do! God really did bring the ideal home for us. It is a huge blessing already.

Switching gears - the kids & I got to go to Cannon Beach, OR with my parents for labor day weekend. Ken had to work (which was a big bummer, but worked out better in the end for him to have some down time too, especially given that he had 3 migraines over the weekend that came in a wave. Poor guy!!), anyway, we headed to the coast with Grandma Sue & Papa Jon & it was soooo beautiful & absolutely refreshing. I adored seeing the wonder in the kids as they explored the beach & enjoyed their visit to the ocean. They were unreal in the car; no way did my two toddlers make it for the 8+ hour drives each way, without throwing a single fit?! Answer to prayer, let me tell ya!! hah. So, most of the pics I'll post here will be from the trip. I am so thankful to have both sets of grandparents in town with us, and just well up with gratitude for the way they love these kiddos! We had a great time and I think what I love the most, are the "forever memories" that are ingrained in us of that special weekend away with Grandma Sue & Papa Jon.

3 comments:

The Stew Fam said...

Love the cannon beach shots!!! I am so glad you got to be over there, what a time:) Thanks for your comment on my blog...really, that MADE MY DAY...no...WEEK! You are too sweet! We'll be back in the US next summer, I would love to catch up with you sometime, maybe you could come to one oif our meetings or something, to hear us share and catch up?! Send me your e-mail when you get a chance!

The Stew Fam said...

Uh...Moth Wart is me, Jill Stewart. Oops, I signed in as Stew's blog:)

Amy Hook said...

Katie!! I'm so glad you got to get away for the weekend with the kiddos. I LOVE cannon beach - it's one of my all-time favorite places and it has been too long since I've been (college maybe?). I am planning on seeing your house this week! I can't wait:)!