Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Bob & Play Time

So I did it. Finally got the hankerin' to cut Maggie's hair. It's still baby-fine, rather wispy, and grows so unevenly. (Think "v" in the back with bangs that were taking forever to come in - even after 2.5yrs!) Even though she loves hair bows, barrettes, and head bands, they don't stay in for long with as active as she is. I got tired of having her face hidden by strands of hair, and when I showed her pics online of other little toddler girls with short bobs, she got super excited and wanted her hair like that too. :) A dear friend warned me about cutting her bangs & to just keep letting 'em grow... I may come to regret it down the road, but for now, it gets the hair out of her eyes & we think her little bob looks super cute on her! I wish I had a pic of when she was getting the haircut; sitting on the stool in our bathroom watching herself in the mirror and literally squealing, "Daddy come look at me!!!! I'm a big girl, I'm getting my haircut!!!" :) Though none of these pictures really hone in on her hair, you can get the idea. These pics were taken at Nana & Grandpa B's house over the weekend while there for Grandpa's birthday celebration (wish I had more pics!), and a few from the other night before the kids went to bed.




Playing with Nana B.


Jack loves a good thrill - and Ken is the perfect Dad to accommodate! ;)




Just thought this was sweet of Jack lookin' up at Ken as they played hide & seek the other night


Love this little profile! :) (and this pic in particular really showcases her hair in it's glory) - can you hear my sarcasm? ;)


Tickle time - her laugh is like joy bottled up for us as parents - can't get enough!

2 comments:

Amy Hook said...

So cute. I love it! Way to go, mom!

Sarah W said...

Your kids are so cute! I love Maggie's bob -- it's really cute and frames her beautiful face perfectly. I still wish that we lived closer - like next door neighbors would be ideal :-)