
Jack being shy whenever I whip out the camera ;)

Our little hula baby on the run!

Kisses for Grandpa Boggs

Proud to wear Maggie's prized, pink sunglasses.

Jack & Papa heading to the Monster Jam Truck Rally today; wish I had pics from the event itself to post - apparently Jack was going nuts & sooo excited! This was all my Dad's idea & super sweet of him to take Jack on a date like that. :) They had a ball!
As to life in the Boggs household these past few weeks, here are some of the latest updates:
*Jack & Maggie are doing awesome, we're all healthy & totally digging this amazing (early) Spring weather we're having. The kids love being outside and could run laps around the house just for the fun of being outdoors. We adore their relationship & how much they care about one another. They laugh a lot, together. And love playing chase or hide n' seek with one another. Or trains. Or dolls. Or firehouse/dollhouse. I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE this stage of toddler hood. Can't say I've enjoyed it all, but this has been fun & I wish I could freeze-frame some of these days forever.
*I'm 25 weeks pregnant & praise the Lord, not on bed rest! I actually don't have any preterm labor at this point. With my other two, I was on full-time bed rest right now... so holy toledo, it really is an answer to prayer & total praise to be feeling relatively well & not needing to be down. I'm gettin' big though. Like, how can my skin possibly stretch any farther?!!! I feel the baby moving all the time & love it!
*Ken has been working up a storm. (just wait til you see the slide show of his handy-work at the end of this post.) That man is amazing. He works full time at the lab doing research/manufacturing DNA chips by day, bar tends on the weekends, and uses nights to chip away at house projects... all the while finding time for the kids & I and remaining an incredible husband & Dad! He's gearing up for his grad school interview in two weeks which he is really looking forward to. (Wants to pursue a PhD in Molecular BioScience) I can't even remember what the program entails half the time 'cause it's so over my head! ;)
*We have a short list for baby names: wanna hear? If it's a girl, we're 99.9% sure we're going to name her, Georgia Kate Boggs. (Georgia was Ken's great-grandmother's name & we love the sound of it with our last name; say it with a southern accent and it sounds even cuter!) haha. Plus, to us, it just "goes" with Jack & Maggie almost perfectly. If we have a boy; we're thinking Kohl Jameson Boggs or Jonathan Boyd Boggs. Boyd is Ken's middle name, Jonathan is my Dad's name... as for Kohl, it's a name we just like and again, think it sounds strong & goes well with Jack & Maggie.
Click to see slideshow
We're gettin' there. As in, we see light at the end of our basement project tunnel. At times, it has felt rather consuming (I'm sure more for Ken than me, since he has been the one actually doing majority of this project - wish I could be helping but I'm afraid I'm not much of a "help" when I'm 5.5 months pregnant with a history of preterm labor.) The carpet we ordered should be arriving early this week and hopefully installed right quick once it arrives. We can't wait! It's crazy to us to think that this time next weekend, we might be watching a movie down there together as a family!!! It's been a long - but gratifying project. Ken's Mom is such a sweetheart - we're talkin', I just love her & how sweet she is, how easy she is to be around & am uber thankful for her excitement to come help Ken paint down there today since I needed to hold off due to the potent fumes. They got the entire thing painted - in one afternoon! Walls, ceiling - everything! Wendy was/is a painting machine! That woman knows how to roll & with efficiency like we've never seen --- Wendy, if you read this, we can't thank you enough for all your help today!!! Ahhh, now we just sit back and wait for the call from the carpet installers. ;) Ok, so I couldn't resist - I'm posting a quick slide show of the basement project so you can see all the sweat equity & hours Ken has spent turning a dungeon into fully utilizable space for our growing family! :) He rocks. (He truly has become quite the carpenter throughout our marriage & 3 house renovations to boot!)
That's one big post, if ya ask me. Thanks for checking our blog & stayin' with us if you made it this long... :) Much love & big hugs from all of us! :)
5 comments:
So impressed with Ken's handywork!! Great job! That is going to be a great space to hang out in. Also - Georgia, Jack, and Maggie -- cutest little trio of kids' names! I also love Kohl -- cool alternative spelling to Cole. I'm glad you're feeling well with the pregnancy! Keep the updates coming :-)
What a great update! I love that we've been working on our basements at the same time. I can't wait to see it in person - and way to go, Ken! I can't believe he's been doing all that on top of two jobs and two toddlers! Love you guys :)
LOVE LOVE LOVE the names! Georgia was one of our top names. . it is so sweet yet fun and beautiful! You guys amaze me with your house projects. We suck at all house projects. You both are so talented and hard working. . impresive! Great to see you at church. . I loved seeing your cute little baby belly!
wow, the basement looks great! i can't wait to see the finished product!:) we will have to come take a look when it is done. it was great seeing you guys this week!
You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.
-Aaron and Anna
Post a Comment