Monday, February 15, 2010
Nesting in strange ways
Something might be amiss. I have the nesting bug, big time, but not for creating a nursery or even baby-related. Here we are with about 3.5 months left to go in this pregnancy, and instead of thinking about assembling the crib and making a space ready for precious #3, I find myself dreaming about cleaning out the basement - organizing the garage, going through drawers and shelves and wanting to deep clean. Then I'm hit with the reality that I really don't have the energy for most of these lofty goals of mine. (And while not lofty for most, for me, haha, at this stage in life, they seem a bit out of reach.) Is it bad to feel a sense of accomplishment if I get a load of laundry done & make it to the store for groceries in a day? And on a good day, have dinner ready by the time Ken gets home? A lot of my down time (when contractions start rollin' in & requiring me to lay low), I use mentally planning and dreaming about house projects and my organizational missions that haven't really come to fruition yet. So here's the general update on life in the Boggs' household: Jack is (nearly) potty trained! I know, more than a long time coming & past due. ;) Maggie is talking up a storm & quite independent. Ken is working hard to maintain some semblance of normalcy between both jobs, our house projects, and prepping for his grad school interview in a few weeks. I am about 5 & 1/2 months pregers - feeling pretty good & thankful I'm not on bed rest (yet anyway), and ya know, just enjoying the really slow pace of a life with toddlers. :) Truly, we are a happy bunch around here (most days), and simply thankful for this life, even crazy-busy as it feels in this stage...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh, i don't think its strange! i always thought nesting was getting anything and everything organized!:)
i'm glad you are feeling well and aren't on bedrest yet too!
i'm excited to see you guys this week.:)
Post a Comment