Today is Ken's 31st birthday --- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LOVE! :) For those not in the area, we were greeted with an absolutely gorgeous, sunshine-filled Spring day here in the Inland NW. And, also greeted bright n' early by the sound of Jack & Maggie's pattering feet running down the hall to crawl in bed with us this morning climbing over me to be next to Daddy and wish him an enthusiastic, "Happy Birthday!" :) The kids & I made him a birthday banner we hung on the wall next to the dining table so he'd see it first thing when he walked out towards the kitchen this morning. ;) There was a different piece of paper for each letter in the "H-A-P-P-Y 3-1ST- B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y" phrase and the kids helped me color them. ;) Then we wrote different things on each page that we love and appreciate about him. I needed more letters, as that list could go on and on!! He really is such a tremendous man. At our wedding, my brother toasted us and praised Ken for being "the most genuinely consistent guy he knew" and even laughed as he shared, "...he's a catch... shoot, I'd marry the guy!" :) Ken's character is amazing and to see someone so gifted with capabilities and aspirations and yet the grace of God pouring out this wonderful humility in him... is such a beautiful combination. I am so blessed to be married to him. I love being partnered for life with him, raising our kids together, and am excited about what God has in store for our years to come...
Here's to wishing my handsome hubby an awesome 31st year!! (side note: so um, this year may seemingly have started out a bit rough, but truly, we both think his cancer is going to prove to be a way God really grows us and inspires us to live differently- hopefully better. So we look forward to what's ahead knowing God's at the healm and there is much to be thankful for.) I tried using smilebox for the first time tonight to create a collage of some of my favorite pics of Ken over the past few years :)
 |
 |
| Personalize a picture collage |
1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Ken! Love the pictures and the thoughtful words...wishing a great year from us too!
Post a Comment