Thursday, April 15, 2010

Baby Coming Soon! :)


Can you see our baby in there? A hand & even foot are blurring part of the face, but once your eyes adjust to the visual chaos, you can see the outline of the chubster's cheeks, nose, eye & lips.

As I was getting ready for bed last night, it suddenly hit me just how pregnant I am! My belly was practically perched on the edge of the sink in the bathroom as I brushed my teeth. I looked down & just thought, holy mole!... that's like a watermelon! To be expected when you're down to weeks away. I'm 33 weeks right now, and as of last week's ultrasound, this baby is growing well and almost 5lbs already. (That's a pound more than Jack & Maggie were at this gestational age!) My doc is planning an induction towards the end of the May - some time before memorial day weekend, assuming I don't go into labor before hand. Do you realize that could be in like 4 weeks or less?! This pregnancy has felt so different at this stage... for one, no preterm labor or bedrest - praise Jesus! I feel great, sleep like a rock, and still have energy. I'm most reminded of my pregnancy when I run out of breath carrying laundry (or one of the kids) upstairs or try to tie my shoes. ha. Other than that, I am happy in pregnancy & not in a hurry to be done, but super excited to meet this little one!

As to names... we are still planning on Georgia Kate Boggs if she's a girl, and if he's a boy... Logan Boyd Boggs. (How'd Logan come to pass?)--- it's an Irish/Scottish name (Ken's heritage), and literally means "from the hollow or out of the valley" which completely speaks to where we're at after walking through the trial of Ken's cancer diagnosis. We feel like this baby is such a joy and exciting gift to look forward to, and the meaning is too perfect, plus, it's a name Ken loves and the fact that it's two-syllables allows us to use Ken's single syllable middle name of Boyd to carry on his familial legacy, which was important to me. But, I will say, we may use Logan even if she's a girl... we like it that much. Crazy how God can give you a name that just resonates with both of you, ya know? ;)

5 comments:

Amy Hook said...

Love the names!! I have always loves Georgia but I love Logan for a boy or girl (had one of each as students in CO and both were some of my favorite students ever). I can't wait to meet little him/her!!

Anonymous said...

i love both names! can't believe that it is already the middle of april and you are 33 weeks! so glad that you are feeling so well, and i can't wait to catch up soon!

Darcy said...

love the names!! logan would be so cute for a boy or girl! we love names that are family names or have deep meaning to us. so glad you feel so good this can be a hard stage of pregnancy and praise god you are doing so well. can't wait to meet this new boggs baby!! may is a great month for a birthday.

Sarah W said...

I love the names too, Katie. Georgia or Logan -- I can't wait to find out! I think about you all the time -- I'm so glad this pregnancy has been the easiest, with everything else you guys have had going on. What a blessing from God!

Anne Marie said...

Hi Katie.......thanks so much for your absolutely endearing comment....I've rather been lacking on "in depth" posts, due to time constraints...but am very much looking forward to doing so soon! After the sale that is.
~you have a lovely way of complimenting....so thank you - it means a lot to me, and your visits to the farm are always welcome.

Have a blessed Sunday,
Anne Marie
p.s. love the names you chose! and how exciting!! (look up urban farm magazine by Hobby Farms - you'll love it)