Sunday, September 19, 2010

New Starts


First day of preschool at "the castle church" as Jack calls it


Jack's classroom (his teacher did a "Lights, Camera, Action!" theme and there are now pictures of all of the kids on that bulletin board. Notice her red carpet rolled out for them? ;)


This was so sweet; Jack (and Maggie too) love reading to Logan. I have a video to share soon of Maggie making Logan laugh - too cute!


Logan is 3.5 months old, and such an easy baby! Sleeps about 8-9 hours, smiles all the time, and is just a love


I love seeing Ken laugh like this!!

Gosh, where should I start?!... just like it has been for many of you, this Fall has meant lots of new starts and a rather chaotic switch-a-roo of pace. ;) Jack started preschool and LOVES it! He loves his teacher, Mrs. B., and about the only consistent answer I get when I ask him about his day when I pick him up - are comments about snack time & occasional tid bits about the story she reads to the kids. haha. Pullin' teeth for info I tell ya! ;) hahah. He gets SO excited to go to his class & always has a huge smile on his face. I love that he's having a blast and enjoying a little more structure to our (otherwise) eclectic schedule, if I could even say we have one. ;) And I have been enjoying more one-on-one time with Maggie and Logan while Jack is in class. Some of you know it's our hope to homeschool - and that still is the plan - but we thought Jack could enjoy the transition into the school years by having a low-key, fun, intentional preschool year.

And as for other new starts.. ixnay on the um, grad school path. Yes, that in itself warrants more explanation... some time. But for this post, suffice it to say it has been a huge blessing that God changed our course. But, switching major gears like that has meant new challenges and yet another big opportunity for us to be stretched in trusting the Lord. Yeah, it's been a crazy year. :)

3 comments:

Sarah W said...

I want to go to castle school! Your kids are precious! And is Jack seriously reading that book to Logan?? Smarty pants!! Rhett is reading really simple books (like the Bob books) but not even close to more complex words. Do you think you'll post about the ixnay on the grad school part? I'd love to hear more about how you changed paths. Is it because God is leading you to Fort Worth to live near your favorite college roomies? :-) Just kidding... kinda! Also -- I finally got those pictures uploaded. Can you give me your opinion of what to do on the wall that has the clock? I think it's too small, but I don't want it to look busy either. I tried adding some things on top of the bookshelf, but wasn't crazy about how that looked either. Anyways, I love how you decorate - cozy but simple at the same time.

The Lochheads said...

Hi Katie--
Jack is in preschool?!? This is amazing to me! He looks so grown in the school pictures. Sigh. :) Can't wait to hear more about your grad school decision--I love hearing how God moves in our hearts to guide our paths. Hope you're having a great week. Ellie

Anne Marie said...

wow! things are changing for your family...they get big awfully quickly don't they? and God surely knows how to let us know the right course - that is, if we are always near Him...

missed stopping by your blog!
hope you are well....you look fantastic from the picture in that previous post

take care Kate!
xo+blessings,
Anne Marie