Monday, February 28, 2011

A year ago today...


One of my favorite pics of Ken with Jack as a toddler
It feels a bit surreal... almost impossible?... that a year ago today was when Ken was diagnosed with cancer.  I think there will always be that certain knowing of vulnerability, now.  I've read a lot of testimonies of people who've battled cancer, who celebrate each anniversary of another year of precious life they've been given.  Monday's are grocery days, so maybe I'll think of something special to plan for dinner tonight.  And maybe I'll snag a dear friend's idea of "dinner at eight" to have a candle-lit dinner with Ken after the kids go down, to simply dote on him and remind him how thankful I am to be spending life together.  God has graciously, and I mean really graciously & supernaturally moved in our lives and provided every need -- emotionally, physically, financially, you name it -- to the point where faith and our trust in Him should be unwavering!  And yet, I'm saddened and ashamed to admit how many times I still worry.  There's no need to.  But I suppose in my humanness, it's natural?  And then, just like so many can relate to, God brings a supernatural peace and assurance as soon as I lay those fears down and let His words wash over my heart.  Last year, felt like the year in the trenches.  This year, it feels full of hope...  and I am excited for every turn knowing He is near and always with us.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a year katie! we are so thankful that ken is doing so well, and are always praying for you guys. we love you and are so excited for the new journey you guys are getting ready for (just wish it wasn't so far away from us!)!