Thursday, June 9, 2011

It takes some time to make it feel like home

I've been meaning to put pics up on our "old" house (or the "orange house" as Maggie & Jack continue to call it because the cedar shake siding looks orange to them - ha!)... we miss that little home.  We loved it!  It's been fun going back through pictures to see the transformation process once we bought it.  We went into that house thinking it was about 90% done and there were only a few things left here n' there to finish.  As most homeowners know, there can be endless projects. :)  The challenge with that house was blending a very mod remodel that had been started by the previous owners & friends of ours, with more traditional tastes that we seemed to have.  At least as far as furnishings & decor goes.  But, in time, it came together and really ended up being a home that we felt matched our style.  (Though truly, I'm discovering that is such an evolving thing so it's tough to say what that would even be... my taste changes for decor all the time when I see something I'm inspired by.)  I'm thankful we have so many great hand-me-downs from family & friends, as well as a few things we've collected over the years that seem to transition from home to home easily.  Here are pics from the Hogan house... before/during/after shots.  A lot of love & hard work went into making it comfortable for our family.  The kids talk about the orange house all the time -- several times a week & wish we could move back to Spokane.  They liked that house, but especially loved being near grandparents & friends.  Us too.  But, we do like it here too and they like this house as well.  Next post will be on the transition into this home with pics.  Carly, are you glad I'm finally getting around to posting house pics down here -- they're next! ;)  Hugs!!!  And Jack, Mags & Logan... when you're older and re-reading these posts, I hope you look back at this home in Spokane with fond memories & a lot of love and laughter that filled these walls.  You guys loved this house -- Maggie loved the built-in drawers & storage in their closets, and they loved to play out back on the swingset & run through sprinklers in the Summer.  Your Daddy put a lot of hard work into this home -- well, we all did --- and we were so glad we got to spend part of your lives raising you here! :)

No comments: