I am eating my words. Remember a little while ago I had written that this is a hard place to meet people and even "prickly?" Oh. So. Not. True. I am humbled, big time. The fault was in us... choosing to fly under the radar. Choosing not to invite neighbors over for a meal. Choosing not to reach out. And yeah, I know, we are limited and sure there might be those in hard times who also are choosing to keep an arms length from connecting at a deep level... but I think there was also an ease in the excuse of just sticking to ourselves more than we should have. Maybe a protection mechanism to be able to keep one foot in WA and the other here? After all, we don't know how long God will have us here and while it doesn't feel? like a place that He's moved us to permanently, honestly, we also don't know where, or even that, He'll move us when Ken's contract is up or this job ends.
God's brought some really wonderful friends into our lives down here, too. I kid you not, just like friends divinely placed in our lives & hearts back in Spokane (and/or college!), meeting the Irwins down here has been utterly divine, too. Introducing.... the fun & witty children's pastor, (Will) & his sweet wife, (Krystal), and their darling daughter, Anna. And they know and love seemingly everybody! hahah. Oh guys, they have such a passion for people and have reached out so lovingly to us, and introduced us to more wonderful people. I feel like heart connections are being made and strings tied here. How does that happen so quickly unless by God's doing?!
But something else I really wanted to write about and share, was what God is doing in my heart. When I was in college, I dreamt about the parable in Matthew 13 - warnings about not letting the weeds of life choke the good seed. I'm realizing that is what has become of me. There hasn't been a lot of rest in my soul. Not much saturation of His word. And then a dear friend texted me about this great song, "Restless" that she'd recently sang in worship. I listened to it, and it sooooo speaks to where I am, what I'm wrestling with, and the Truth He is showing me. I am restless til I rest in Him.
Rebuilding has begun, and it feels good...
3 comments:
LOVE hearing that you are connecting and making good friends! Glad God is working in your heart as well. It always a good thing when he doesn't leave us where we are! LOVE you so much Katie!!!
Yay!!!!! So glad He picked us! :)
GREAT post katie, makes me so happy to read. :)
Post a Comment