Thursday, October 20, 2011

a lot in the last week

Since last week's post, it's um, been a rather full week.  Ken's sister, Holly, got married & we loved getting to be home visiting for that & celebrating with family. Of course she & Doug just seemed beyond smitten & it was neat to hear more of their story as this was only our second time being around him.  Ya gotta love weddings!!! :)  My Mom goes out of her way when she knows the kids are coming for a visit; always planning fun activities & had surprises waiting for them on their bed.  Talk about spoiled!! :) We spent the rest of the weekend enjoying time with my parents & Ken's sweet parents, and a far-too-quick visit with our dear friends, the Montgomery's at Manito Park.  Then Monday, I had a partial hysterectomy - all went well & feeling better by the day, but still very much in recovery mode.  We are super thankful to have the help of my parents & Ken's, but I honestly feel really guilty because this is requiring so much of them!  Not only time, but energy that leaves them flat exhausted.  Logan is at the stage where he's into everything & super gutsy & has to be watched all waking hours.  Add in the commotion of Jack & Mags who are also equally busy but far more autonomous, and you have yourself the makings of ..... well, quite a week. ;)  I had a few quick pics from Saturday --- wish I had more, but the little guy was quite squirly so I didn't have a chance to snap any pics during the actual ceremony. :(  Hugs & love from us 5!  (more of an update when I'm less foggy)
** had been staving off a sneeze fest for the past few days & it caught up with me this morn - 7 sneezes in a row & I feel like I just tore all internal stitches.  What can ya do?! ;)  I have it pretty dang good though.... getting to lay on the couch all week, have a completely (self) justified reason to indulge in cookies my Mom makes for us and as an added bonus, I might even be able to wean off coffee since I um, don't need the morning pick me up that I'm used to being utterly necessary back home to start our busy days. ;)
This is only shot I have before he spilled punch down his front ;)

Mags was so good & just sat with Grandma the whole time; super excited to see what a wedding was all about!

Jack, too, was such a trooper! 
love what a big kiss Mags is trying to plant on Ken!
Grandma Sue & Jack
My Mom & Dad
When Logan laughs, he totally reminds me of toddler pics of Ken - the Boggs' side definitely shines thru!
Holly, the blushing bride & Ken's Dad, Jim

My Dad getting creative with his photography angles ;)
I can't get over how fast the kids are growing up!  Caleb has already passed us up - waaay up!  He's over 6ft already & look at Isaac almost as tall as Belinda, and Meredith --  wow!!  I forever have them ingrained as little ones about the ages of ours...  what amazing young adults they've grown up to be!

1 comment:

Amy Hook said...

Love love love that picture of you and Ken. Gorgeous couple :). So glad everything went well w/ your surgery. Love you!!!