Tuesday, November 15, 2011

buried in the mess

Anyone else out there with kids feel like it's (darn near) an impossible feat to stay on top of the mess in your house?  Ken made a great analogy - he said we just need to think of our home, like a restaurant business... when you work in that industry, you just get used to constant messes, cleaning them up, and repeating the process - not really expecting it to be nice & tidy throughout the day until the end of the night when things close.  Somehow that seems like it'd be an easier environment to "work" in when you know it's the norm - and yet somehow, I'm (perhaps disillusioned?) to think there could be more order & minimal mess, and laundry that isn't forever behind.  If you've found a system that seems to work well with young kids at home, please, help a girl out!  I'm all ears... :)

3 comments:

Goforth said...

Oh dear friend! I so relate and understand completely! :) Thank you for sharing!

KI said...

I know I only have 1, but I still so hear you. And I love you too. You and your waitressing business. ;)

Jayne G said...

One Christmas a friend gave me a little plaque that said " Cleaning the house while your children are growing is like shoveling the sidewalk while it is snowing" :)