I have to write some of these memorable things the kids say/do or I will surely forget them as quickly as I forget what I just made them for lunch.
Me: Hey Jack, try not to get too close to the kitty, honey, you're allergic - remember?
Jack: But Mom! The 5 senses say to touch.
After being handed a free cookie at the grocery store from the bakery, Jack closes his eyes and busts into this prayer, " God is good, God is great. Let me thank you for our food and all our blessings." It was so funny & cute - thank you Grandma Sue & Papa Jon for teaching the kids that simple prayer, that as it turns out, even came out pre-cookie consumption. ;)
Jack: Mom? Is God Jesus' middle name?
And this is kinda separate but something fun from this morning when we were doing his Phonics lessons - we were at a part where there are little phrases given to the student & he/she has to turn them into a sentence. I jotted down his sentences because I just loved to see the creativity for his answers... (I'll put the phrase he was given to incorporate in bold, and what he added to turn the phrase into a sentence is italicized.)
My friend, Rick, went on a trip.
There was a man walking on the path in the woods.
Six little rabbits went to pick some blueberries.
The wolf got up early in the morning to find some tulips to decorate the table.
That last one made me smile. The detail, and the fact that he's five & would think of tulips to decorate a table! :) Maybe some day if he gets married, his wife will appreciate things like that. Ok, enough of me being a very proud Mom of these three wonderful gifts from above... I sure love these kids!
4 comments:
That. is one funny kid.
What a sweet boy! Love the 5 senses telling him to touch! :) And the tulips...where does he come up with these things? So glad you have them recorded! :)
He sounds just like another 5 almost 6 yr old I know :) Loving the 5 sense one, that is priceless :)
Loved reading these, I just wish you guys were closer so that I could hear them in person! I miss you Katie!
Post a Comment