Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Farmer Jack

Jack tells us often, how he wants to be a farmer when he grows up.  My uncle & grandfather were farmers... as well as family beyond them, too.  When we asked what kind of farmer he wants to be, he said he wants to be a farmer that plants.  "Like what?"

Jack answered, "Watermelon, carrots, flowers, corn, and broccoli.  I want to buy gardening tools and I want to pick the flowers for my wife. (he constantly brings up Isabelle)" ;) "And also um Mom?... I want to have animals... cows, horses, hens and bunnies, bulls, and uh, pigs and sheep - and that's all it."

I love it!  Only one problem, lil' buddy, you are allergic to animals. ;)  I think Isabelle is too? (Julie, true?)  I love though that he thought to plant flowers to put on the table for his wife.  We frequently remind him that Isabelle has to want to marry him, too.  We asked what he loves about her and he told me she likes to play and he has fun with her, so that's why he likes her.  And he also said that "...when she plays with toys, she shares nicely, and one more thing... she always is thankful."  We of course, adore Isabelle and all the Jones' girls - it's just funny that Jack has only played with her a handful of times given that we moved to another state & they see each other maybe once a year. ;)

One last cute Jackism that I wanted to write down so I wouldn't forget, was when he asked us last weekend if heaven was really big.  I told him I imagine it probably is.  He said, "It can't be short and small, because God is really big and he needs to fit in there!"

2 comments:

Amy Hook said...

So precious. And that last quote is the best. I'm glad you wrote it down. I need to keep a pen handy these days too. Don't want to forget anything ;).

KI said...

Out of the mouths of our babes! Love it!