Monday, September 8, 2008

Free Day at the Fair


Ken & Jack by the big train


Checkin' out the pigs


....and patting 'em on the belly


Is it ok to pet the sheep? (Yes, we washed his hands after all the animal petting)


Uh, nice view, Mom. Could you have parked me in this stroller anywhere else?


Maggie in disbelief that much poop just came out of that cow!


Mags & Jack love to play chase


My three loves (see, Ken's eye is already getting better, though still healing)


Ken reading out back before we had a fun time hanging out and talking

Today was an especially fun Monday. Not only was it Ken's day off, but it also was free admission at the local county fair. We hadn't been in years and decided the kids would probably love to see all the excitement, particularly the animals. All those books that teach animal sounds payed off. Jack was snorting when he saw the pigs, mooing at the cows, knew the roosters say "cockadoodledoo" and baa'd at the sheep. It was probably more fun for Ken & I to watch the kids get so excited. Well, Jack was excited, Maggie was fine until she had to smell the cows. ;) It was a fun day for sure and we enjoyed a great dinner as a whole family, plus Ken & I got to hang out by the fire out back under a starry September sky. Quite a wonderful day, really. Ken's eye is much better & healing -- thank you for your prayers on that!

2 comments:

Sarah W said...

I'm glad that Ken's eye is getting better. The picture of Maggie looking at the cow butts is pretty funny. Not the best view! How cool that there is a free day for the fair. Love you all!

McMurrays said...

What a fun day to be at the fair. I love the fair! I'm not sure we are going to make it this year. I wish we had a fire outback to sit and relax. That sounds fabulous.
Great to see you guys at church.
Darcy