Sunday, September 14, 2008

Old is new



I was stoked to see a headliner article on msn's homepage this morning about how old architectural styles are coming back as the "new." Ken & I both love the character of old homes and the detail work that gives so much life to a house. Big, solid wood old doors, the wide molding, knobs & glass detail, arches between rooms, ect. I know, a house is only a home when you put your little family in it, and I do believe that home is where your heart is no matter what you're living in -- but that aside and just talkin' straight architecture/design here: old is so stinkin' awesome!! Take a look at two of the pics from the slide show that was embedded in the article. This was built new, but made to replicate old. They just don't make banisters like that anymore, and the built-ins... ahhh, I love it! If I didn't have kids and was going to make a career of something else, I would love to be involved with homes. Maybe some day Ken & I will be able to build an old home, new... :)

1 comment:

The Wisers said...

What a beautiful home! Ryan and I have been keeping up with your blog and love the pictures of the kiddos! Maggie and Jack are so CUTE!

Check out our wonderful Jonah!
http://walkwiththewisers.blogspot.com/