Sunday, October 26, 2008

They've captured our hearts

I confess, I mentally blog off & on during the day -- and yet if I posted near as often as I thought about something to share, you would all be bored to tears with too many updates! But, I have been hoping to share some pics about Maggie and also tell about her fun little personality since you got a glimpse of Jack's in the last post. I just started smiling even thinking about her... we adore her to pieces and I especially love how cuddly she is. She just loves to nuzzle in to give her prized teddy bears hugs, she loves to be held and hugged herself, she doles out kisses and just has such a tender heart --- even at only 15 months old. She & Jack do fight over toys sometimes, but there are instances where she already shows a selflessness that you don't see in many toddlers. ;) Take for instance tonight where she was playing with this rainbow colored slinky. Jack saw it, took it right out of her hands, and dashed off pleased with himself that he'd started a game. Naturally, she was upset and made sure we all knew. Ken came over to mediate and made Jack come back over, hand it back, and apologize. Maggie looked at the slinky now in her hand and then looked up at Jack, and extended her little hand out- offering the slinky to him!!! That just melted our hearts to see her act in love, in such a simple thing like that. Oh, and ok, since I'm sharing stories like that, I have one more from yesterday. (Which you'll see proof of in a pic below too) Jack woke up from his nap prematurely & began a 10 minute sob-fest over his interrupted sleep. While he was crying it out at the top of the stairs, Maggie came over to him, bent down next to him, and started running her little hand along Jack's hairline as if to say, "there-there, it'll be ok, Jack." No way?!! How does she learn this stuff?!! She is also super playful and loves to play peek-a-boo and attempts to chase Jack for fun, which is more like watching a drunken sailor try to speed-walk after a sprinting brother doing laps around the kitchen and living room. Man, those kids sure make me smile and laugh - no way do I get to be home with them?!!! What a blessing. Truly. I could go on and on, but words won't ever capture just how much they mean to us, nor would they ever do justice for describing their delicate little hearts and personalities. I just love that they are a mix of so much more than I could have dreamed of or prayed for. We love you, Jack & Maggie!!! :)


I love this baby girl!! :)


So distraught her Auntie Jaimie had to have knee surgery (Hey, why not milk it?) :)


Ugh, should I be worried?? ;)


Set on trying on the black dress shoes! All girl, alright.


So playful and happy (just trying on her new jeans)


Check out her wild hair when she wakes up from her naps - it's insane!!


Jack's 2 dream hobbies... (Collecting cars and playing guitar)


Helping Dad blow the leaves around (not really, it was unplugged)


This was too cute!... this is Jack "reading" our blog! :)


Buddies


Consoling her big brother after an upsetting early-end to his afternoon nap

4 comments:

Sarah W said...

They are sooo cute! Maggie is such a beauty! Thanks for sharing the sweet stories and pictures. I love reading your updates.

To answer your question about Rhett's MDO -- he goes every Tuesday and Thursday from 9-2. I would totally recommend that Jack do something like that too. Rhett has learned so much, he loves the structure of a school environment, he loves his teachers, and I really think he likes having his own thing that he does apart from his family -- building his independence. He is genuinely excited on school days, and from talking to the other moms, their kids are too.

Anonymous said...

katie, what a sweet post!:) its so great to see our kids personalities. i can't wait to get to know both maggie and jack more!:) and isn't it just the worst when they wake up too early from their naps? when andrew wakes up early, it can seriously be a sob fest until bedtime!!!
see you tomorrow!:)

Keith and Meghan said...

You catch the sweetest moments---do you always have your camera attached to your hand?

Okay...so the blog list is the best, now I only check the updated ones instead of ALL the blogs I keep listed in my favorites. You can just go to the same place you would to add music or other html type things and add "My Blog List" and you have to add each blog address that you want to follow.

Weber Family said...

Oh Katie!! I just LOVE reading this blog and feeling like I have a little window into your home-- thanks for sharing it with us!!
These pictures are too cute, and what amazingly precious kiddos you have! Jack seems like a sensitive, tender-hearted little pistol ;) and Maggie seems like a smart, independant, silly and compassionate little girl. What a blessing! I need to check this blog more regularly... I am so thankful to be back in touch with you, and whenever I do read your posts am consistently encouraged to have a more thankful heart for my family, to be a more loving wife to my husband, and to be increasingly content with right where God has me. Thank you!