Thursday, November 6, 2008

7 weeks

So I just heard on the radio that Christmas is only 7 WEEKS AWAY?!!! Of course, I should have seen this coming since I look at our own calendar only about a dozen times in the day, but why hadn't it hit me yet? I love the holidays and am totally looking forward to them this year... yet there's usually a sense of panic for me when I realize everything I'd love to get done, on time, and let's be honest... even get done early so I don't feel the rush at the last minute. Anyways, yes, 7 weeks...

I don't have pictures uploaded today to put with this post, but I do have 2 cute stories to share about Jack. The other night we were at Costco with the kids & came home to fix them a late dinner (with the intent that Ken & I would make something for ourselves after the kids went down for the night.) Jack carries his plate over to the table while I get Maggie washed up in the kitchen. Realizing Mommy & Daddy weren't eating with him, Jack starts repeating, "Chawk-peas, chawk-peas." (This is what he says when he wants something or needs help but doesn't know how to say it.) Ken came over and said, "What is it Buddy?" Jack then clasped his hands together, bowed his head, and started praying! It was precious! Ken immediately called my attention over and when I came into the dining room Ken was saying to Jack, "Oh Buddy, did you want us to pray with you?" Ken & I both reached out our hands for Jack to hold, and he bowed his head again, prayed again in (mostly) gibberish... and we could understand the last few words... "food, amen..." :) Ahhh, talk about meltin' our hearts! We sure love that little guy!!! The other quick story isn't even a story - it's just a phrase he says that cracks us up. So he uh, is quite the screamer lately. He'll throw a toy then scream when he's mad about something or wants to get our attention. (This is particularly popular with Jack when we're at the grocery store -- trust me, I've had more than a handful of people glare at me with that "get-your-kid-in-line" look that makes me feel like an awful parent some days.) Anyhow, we are training him through this and always follow it with "No screaming, Jack." He now repeats us or tells that to himself right after he screams, but his way of saying it comes out, "No cree-ming." How can we not crack up?! ;) Ok, that's all for today... hope you're well! :)

No comments: