One of Jack's favorite books is called, "Yo, Yes!" given to him from our dear friends, the Montgomery's. He has probably memorized the story, yet you can open a page anywhere in the book & he knows what the word says. So he's got a speech/communication delay we're workin' on, but can read? hahaha. Go figure! I just love hearing his little voice & also love that he enjoys books so much. Oh, and today was such a gift! For those of you with kids, you already know how daunting it can be to run errands with them in tote. Try having a toddler like Jack who will literally chuck his shoe at people, scream, throw a fit and fall in it in the isle, and cause a scene somethin' fierce at times... so I'm generally a little leery of taking him with me, especially this time of year when Christmas toys are coming out in stores already. There were 3 places I really wanted to make it to: Target, Costco, and the grocery store. And believe it or not, we (kids & I) made it to all three stores and were home by noon!!! Jack was amazingly good... sooooo good. Not a single tantrum at any of the stores! And Maggie was a gem too - she's always pretty easy & did awesome too. Better than the smooth morning of running errands with my little ones, was that I ran into a friend at Target, and also a friend at the grocery store. Both are awesome Christian women and I was just so encouraged by each divine encounter. To top today off, we got to spend dinner tonight with our new friends Carly & Neal and their boys and had a blast. We do need to work on Jack at dinner time. Sarah, I totally hear ya about the challenges of meal time! Ugh. Anyhow, today has been a great day & I wanted to share this video clip of Jack reading, "Yo, Yes" --- it's pretty darn cute to see him do this. Even more so in person....
5 comments:
Warms my teacher heart!!! Way to go Jack, you are becoming an expert reader :)
My favorite post of all time!!! I love when he says "what's up . . not much." So darling. . book time is my favorite. Congrats on three successful errand now that is amazing with two little one. Love you outlook on life and your thankful heart it always inspires me.
love to your darling family.
the mcmurrays
I love listening to him read that book! So cool. I'll have to show Rhett this video tomorrow - he'll get a kick out of it. The "what's up? Not much" is my favorite part too. Hooray for having a successful outings with the kids!
okay katie, that is really the cutest thing ever. maybe he can do a live reading for us next time we are over there. my favorite was when he read the page that said " whats up, not much." so sweet.:)
Oh this is the sweetest video EVER!! Love love love it! I need to start doing videos more on my camera! I have never heard of that book before-- what a great one. I will have to check around for it, as I know Nate would love it too!
Oh-- and I totally hear you about trying to get around town doing errands before the kid(s) freak out and everyone is looking at you like we're "that mom" they swear they'll never be. Ha-- just wait till THEY have kids! :)
Lots of love to the Boggs!
Post a Comment