Monday, December 15, 2008

Winter Pictures! :)


The kids have discovered how to climb in here & love playing in their toy chest


Play date chaos -- but oh so fun! :)


I love this face! :)


And this one too for that matter. ;)


Happy Lil' Coug (Gommie, are you so proud?) :)


Ken loves Maggie's eyelashes - how'd she luck out and get the long ones in the fam?


Buddies


Maggie & Grandma Sue


Daddy & Maggie bundling up to stay warm for a quick trip outside


Time for boots


The realization of our first snow, and the cold bite in the air


Ken & Jack talking to neighbors


Every Saturday Jack goes to breakfast with his Grandma Sue & Papa Jon - he LOVES it!




"...we wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas..."

For those of you not living in the area, suffice it to say, it is freakin' cold up here! I think our high temp today was like 8 degrees. The high. Add a blistering wind chill and a skiff of snow on top of ice everywhere, and it feels like winter. haha. Actually, despite how cold it is, it is really such a beautiful time of year! We are staying warm and bundling up. When more snow comes, we're looking forward to taking the kids sledding. Hopefully it won't be quite this cold outside or we may have to re-think that option, but there are a number of winter outdoor rec activities we're getting pretty stoked for. (I'm sure Ken wishes he had his old schedule simply so he could ski more often this winter!) Speaking of Ken, he's doing well. Fighting a little cold, but enjoying his new job for sure & forever staying busy between both jobs and the demands at home. We're battling a lot of willful disobedience with Jack and can't wait for this phase to be over! Ugh, it can be exhausting at times, but he is also such a joy & so much fun. His big thing lately is not wanting to stay in bed. Any other Moms want to comment on this battle too? ;) (some of you are already coming to mind!) :) We used to put the gate up in his doorway, but he has since learned to climb over it. Hmm, wonder where he gets his climbing skills from?! :) Maggie is talking up a storm and just a riot. She's teething right now, which can make her fussy some days, but on the whole, that girl is really easy-going and playful. I love our kids, gawl, they are such an incredible gift from above... Here are some recent pics to share too. Lots of love to you all! :) Stay warm, enjoy this time of year with loved ones and dear friends & here's a great thought from wonderful Russ Davis, (one of the pastors at our church) to think on: regardless of your circumstances, you can have true joy in Him by reflecting on what God has done, and anticipating what He will do, to have joy in the present. May you have a holiday season full of indelible joy! :)

5 comments:

Sarah W said...

Cute pictures of your cute family! Wow - 8 degrees for a high!! It's pretty cold down in Texas right now too, but our high is in the 30s for the day (and by the weekend we'll be back in the 70s!). I'm impressed that you would even make plans to leave the house - way to go! I hope you're doing well, Katie! Love you!

Weber Family said...

Hey you! Fun to chat with you on FB this afternoon! Anxious to catch up a bit more...
Oh, these pictures were jsut too precious. Maggie could not be any cuter... she really is just beautiful!
And boy do I hear ya on the issues of obedience at this age-- especially on staying in bed. I'd love to talk with you sometime! I remember doing "bootcamp" with Rylan at that age-- staying home for days or even a week at a time and do "drills" to practice obedience. Sounds crazy, I know-- don't report me to the authorities!! :)
Also, a couple great books that I'm sure you have already read or know of are Tedd Tripp's "Shepharding a Child's Heart" and Lou Priolo's "Teach them Diligently." They are really such great reads, putting scripture into practice, and to bring all these little acts of disobedience into the light of God's word and back to where it really matters, which is their hearts. I am constantly reminding myself that obedience shouldn't be the end goal with training our kids, but it's a GREAT bonus & result as we are training their little hearts in righteousness and in fear of the LORD. Let's chat sometime about it all... I'd love to hear from you on this too!
Love to you!

Keith and Meghan said...

Thanks for the updates :) Sending you WARM wishes!
Meghan

Keith and Meghan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leif and Jami Gustafson said...

Merry Christmas to a beautiful family!!!