Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fall Update


Jack & Mags sitting on the front porch bench


"........." :)


We've had the opportunity to see Gommie (Great Gommie to the kids!) :), and visited her down in Pullman not too long ago --- the kids adore her & Maggie calls her, "Dommie" because she can't say her g's. It's so cute to watch them run up and hug her and I love that they have gotten to know my dear grandma & can enjoy her company just like I did when I was growing up, and still do!! :)


Photo op take 2 ;) (Thought this was darling of Jack, just wish sweet Gommie's face wasn't blocked out!!) -- when we tell the kids to say cheese, they both kinda leaned in


So sweet...


Maggie at Gommie's


Jack at Gommie's


She loves to lay in the grass - but ya can't catch there for long 'cause she is on the move & so busy running around in the yard & picking the leaves or my few flowers left :(


Can't believe this little turkey is going to be 4 this Winter!!!


Maggie loves to pull the leaves off the trees (when she can reach 'em) ;)


My gazer - like many parents I suppose, I just see great things for this amazing little boy; I think he's a dreamer & has a huge sense of imagination that I'm excited to see how God uses as he grows


Ken has been teaching them all sorts of helpful lessons on using tools as we do house projects. Who'd have thought they could be so entertained by hammering nails into an old board?!


Still love that the kids will fall asleep in the car & I can carry them in asleep on my shoulder.... won't be long when those days are gone & they've grown up too fast!


So um, her attention span with reading has not been anything like Jack's. Jack would love to have us read to him all the time, endlessly when he was at Maggie's age. Maggie barely can sit through one book - but loves to "read" on her own. :) We're workin' on the bed time routines & they both enjoy having us read books to them most, then, it seems.

We are totally enjoying the Fall in the NW. Like many who live up here, it's our favorite time of year. Apple-picking at Greenbluff, the change of colors, crisp air, wood fires, football season, chili & great soups, snuggling up in warmer clothes... I don't even know what specifically makes Fall my favorite season, but it is. It's been a while since I've added some recent pics of the kids, so here are some from the past few weeks...

As a quick update just on life in general; yep, still pregers & feeling it! The prego ponch has already arrived & I'm only 7.5 weeks. haha. Jack & Maggie are doing awesome & I love the stages they are in. We are still potty training around here - which may stretch on for a while because I'm not exactly a stellar trainer. Ken is staying busy as ever between both jobs and endless house projects calling for attention, not to mention being in the midst of his grad school application/essays. Life is good and we feel so blessed to be close to family & friends and enjoying this stage of life.

1 comment:

McMurrays said...

this is my favorite set of pics of your kids ever! the pictures are spectacular and capture their fun spirited sweet personalities! they both have the most darling faces with such expressive looks. i am so excited to see the third . . you guys make such amazing kiddos! miss you. . how about we do a playdate and I can bring you your books and pan and see your new awesome house!! Darcy