So I decided I should write about some recent cute little things the kids have said. More so that I don't forget, but maybe you'll be entertained briefly too? ;)
Last night we were having dinner here at the house, sitting at the table & Ken was having a glass of wine & held his cup out to do "cheers" with the kids' sippy cups of milk.
Ken: "Cheers!" (both kids stick their cups up and out there to greet Ken's...)
Jack: "Salude!" (thank you Mom & Dad for teaching Jack that phrase!) how cute he'd remember at the appropriate time!
Ken: "Maggie, do you know you're beautiful?" ;)
Maggie: "Yeah" (haha)
Ken: "Do you know how much Daddy loves you?"
Maggie: "Yeah" (as she coyly laughs & smiles)
Maggie: "I love Mommy." (totally knowing she's jerking Ken's chain!)
Maggie: "hahaha,... I love YOU too, Daddy! You're beautiful." (we're working on teaching her girls are beautiful, boys are handsome!) :)
And maybe what has stood out as most special to me in these past few days, was when my Dad came over for dinner earlier in the week, and after dinner, was reading a Christmas story to the kids & then asking them if they knew Jesus' birthday was on Christmas. And then Dad said,
Dad: "... and do you know that Jesus is also God?"
Jack: "Jesus is KING!" :) (totally unprompted & I don't even remember when we last had that come up in conversation directly, so he's picked that up from books/Sunday school or just hearing it in passing) Too sweet and the stuff that makes my heart soar knowing he knows that Truth! :)
Hope you are enjoying your Decembers so far! Love you all....
2 comments:
What precious moments!! Love those little kiddos! And what an awesome big bro & sis they will be to baby #3:). Love you!
so sweet! your kids are so cute! we need to see you guys (and them) soon!! :)
Post a Comment