Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Just thinking....

As I was driving yesterday, running our usual Monday errands, I heard a song on the radio that I hadn't heard before.  Given that it's been out since last year, I'm sure it's not "new"... but something about the lyrics really resonated in my heart.  Ken & I have had a lot of conversations lately - deep conversations that have been really introspective, reflective, humbling, and hard - but talks that have helped us delve into our marriage and one another, and most importantly, celebrating what God has done & continues to work on in our hearts.  I think many of us can feel overwhelmed at times with the weight of responsibilities and changing dreams when less-than-ideal circumstances come our way.  Maybe those are the storms.  And maybe "minefields" are simply those things that happen in our day-to-day lives, that frustrate or tire us out....  anyone with kids know how that goes? ;)  (I wasn't implying our kids in & of themselves - but rather the constant distraction/noise/needs/care/love that can have us ready for bed right after they go down, and lead us directly to the coffee maker first thing in the morning.)  Somehow life kinda does become a lot of ordinary things strung together & suddenly I wonder how a week went by, let alone a year.  But then I start reflecting on what God is doing - and how faithful He always is, and I am welled at the beautiful story being written amidst the minefields and storms.  So... maybe that's why I liked this song...  just thought I'd share it in hopes that it helps encourage someone else - if any of you are discouraged about less than ideals, relationships, dreams that are being redefined & re-created ;)....

1 comment:

HewaFam said...

Beautiful. Thank you, Katie. Dancing in the mine fields...he says it so well. You keep on dancing & sailing, my friend!

Love,
Elizabeth