Monday, March 21, 2011
10 days and counting
Where do I start? Suffice it to say, moving takes on a whole new level of stressers. But moving with kids, out of state - well, there's just a lot to do.. my mental checklist is more like a million balls flying around in the air with only a few crossed off. Some big praises though ... Ken arrived safely for training. House projects are (pretty much) complete & we have renters moving in next week. Praise the Lord for bringing us a great family that I hope enjoys living here as much as we have. :) Today is my Mom's birthday - so we are celebrating her! A bummer though, is that Friday, we all either got food poisoning or came down with a bad batch of the stomach flu and have all taken turns vomiting. Ugh. The worst feeling, I think. Ken & I are each about 70% back to health, and the kids are trailing... Loges, still, probably doing the worst & I just ache for our littlest guy. Please pray for the kids, especially, to be healed fully as we prepare for the move. Movers come next week, Monday, actually. We're planning to head out Thursday morn - Lord willing! ;) Holy tamole it feels like it's fast n' furiously approaching. There's still boatloads to do... change over winter tires, take care of a few car repairs that should be done before the trek, go through & patch/paint wall holes from pictures & knicks from kids, change over utilities, deep clean, prepare for the move & the drive w/kids... I can't find the battery charger for the digital camera, so no pics to upload and share yet. ;) The kids & I made a paper chain to help them visualize the countdown to the move (10 days!) - and more importantly, when they see Daddy next in a few weeks. (18 days, and yes, we're counting) :) We are thankful for modern conveniences like skype and texting, to help bridge the distance gap, but we certainly miss him somethin' fierce! :) Love you all & will post again when I can. Biggest hugs!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
katie! so glad that we got to talk for a few minutes today! we are praying for all of you while ken is away and during the move, AND that you are all feeling well soon! love you guys. :)
Wow, you guys had a big move too!!! Praying for you all, wonder when our paths will cross again in the future? You guys take care.
Post a Comment