Wednesday, September 28, 2011

School Pics, Shags (I meant haircuts - what were you thinking?), and Surgery

Did anyone else have one of those picture frames that had a spot for every year from Kindergarten through your senior year?  I remember my Mom had one of those for each of us kids, and every year, an updated picture filled the empty spot.  It was fun to look back on, and as a kid, fun to look forward to filling in another blank. ;)  So, we are going to start a similar tradition here.  Here's Jack, our big Kindergartner!
I finally talked Ken into letting me give Logan's locks a trim.  They were constantly in his eyes and while I love surf-style shags on little boys, too, his was just looking... quirky.  So, here he is sportin' his new cut.  I love that he climbed into the toy chest... his expression made me laugh because once Logan had climbed in, of course Jack & Mags wanted to be "in the boat" too... and it was like Logan staking out his territory... ha!
Lastly, here are two quick pics of the three together the other day.  We absolutely LOVE the stages they are at.  Can I say it again, like, love - LOVE- LOOOOVVVE 5, 4 and 16 months!  So much fun!  They play together a lot, but independently too.  Like right now - I have Mags on my lap, Logan toting around Maggie's baby doll (he loves that little baby!), and Jack at the table with trains.  We do most of our school lessons in the morning during Logan's long naps, and afternoons are much the same as they always kinda have been.  I like the rhythm Fall seems to bring...



p.s.  It's done.  I have a hysterectomy scheduled for Oct. 17th.  It feels kinda strange to be 31 and my child-bearing years coming to an abrupt end.  But it's time, and I'm honestly really looking forward to the end of endometriosis pain & starting to feel healthy again.  I'm really thankful too, because Dr. Fern is is my doc--- I think he might be the most wonderful doctor in the world; any of you who know him, can probably attest to his incredible bed side manner, patient concern/care, and mega kind heart - not to mention he's just dang good at what he does!

3 comments:

Amy Hook said...

What darling pictures of your little ones. They looks so much alike - yet have their own individual "looks" too. I love it!

And that's great news about your surgery - although I'm sure you have many emotions about it. I just pray that it leave you pain-free and feeling great! Looking forward to seeing you while you're in town?!!

Jayne G said...

Praying for you as you approach your surgery date.

Sarah W said...

Your children are just beautiful!!